Audi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my q7 for nine months and 2006 year models had no possibility of reading mp3. But 2007 year model has changed the cd-changer (frontal 6-cd changer) and now it supports cd's with mp3 files in the newest cars

I have upgraded MMI software to last version 3460, but I now see that is necessary to change cd-changer too.

Anyone can supply the Audi part-number of 2007 original front 6-cd changer for the Q7 ?? :?:

My local dealer still no have information about if it´s possible the change.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
4E0 057 110 or A for center armrest CD changer with Mp3
4L0 057 110 or A for in dash CD changer with Mp3

·
Registered
4 Posts
So is all that is needed is to pull the old model out (I assume I need to put some sort of tool in the slots on the bottom corners) and plug the new one in? Can I install the newer model with SD card slots into a 2006 Q7? If so, can someone let me know the model number and how much one would cost? I'd buy one from overseas as Australian dealers charge way too much for parts.

I asked this in another thread but had no answer from that one yet.

·
Registered
595 Posts
The "new model" with SD card is not a CD-Changer is the new MMI 3G and there is no way you can fit this in your system.

The CD swap is straight forward but you will have to go to an Audi service to remove the Component Protection from the new unit.
With Component Protection active the CD will play only about 3-4 seconds from each track.

·
Registered
235 Posts
If I'm reading this right Neo, I can't put the mp3 reading version of the in dash cd changer in my '07 ?

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
You can swap the non Mp3 version for a newer MP3 version as long as your MMI software is high enough to support it. But as stated before, you will need to go to the dealership to have CP removed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts