Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we have one of these for the RNS-E...but here are a couple things I would like to see available...

- "Send to phone" feature

I don't know why this isn't an option on a system like this. When by yourself in the car, sure using the hands free over the speakers is fine...but if others are in the car and you want to take a call privately, it should be as easy as a button press.
Currently I have to go quite deep into my phone's menu to disconnect Bluetooth while in a call.

- Ringer volume and tone

Another thing I don't understand why it's not there. Since the music pauses anyway, the ringer should be pretty quiet or maybe just a beep.
Why is there no option for the ringer tone?

·
Registered
142 Posts
What phone do you have?

In my Nokia 6310i, Samsung P300 as well as my Qtek 9100/MDA Vario it is very easy (one or two key clicks) during a call to swith between private call (handset only) or carkit/RNS-E.

The ringer is indeed very loud, but can be set by turning the volume down.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got the Samsung t809 now but have the P300 coming in the mail...can't wait! :)
Maybe I exaggerated a little bit with "deep" in the settings but I'd still like to see the feature on the screen so you have the choice before you actually pick up the call.
Currently, at least with my phone, you can switch to the phone but only after you already accept the call.

As for the ringer volume, yes you can turn it down with the volume knob...but once the call starts, you have to turn the volume back up. The ringer volume and call volume don't seem to be independent of each other.

·
Registered
155 Posts
On my sony ericsson phone, I can press menu and choose "transfer to phone" and it'll disconnect that call from the car. I've used it before.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know, I can do the same on my Samsung, it's a two button process...not that big of a deal.

The thing is though, you still have to pick up the call first on the BT before you can transfer it.

It would be nice to get the option on the RNS screen to send to phone and you can pick it up directly on your phone without a delay.

I don't know, maybe I'm being to picky. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts