Audi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I telephoned my local audi dealer and enquired about the new DVD, was advised my RNS-E will need to be coded or upgraded to enable TMC function aswell as having to get new map DVD.

Are they talking shite, has anybode done this and seen it working in the UK?

·
Registered
159 Posts
The latest news on this is that upgrades will be offered free to customers under warranty from 22nd Jan 2007.

The upgrade will comprise the 2007 disc set which, when inserted into the RNS-E, will upgrade the firmware to version 550 and in the process enable the TMC functionality.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Vertigo1 said:
The latest news on this is that upgrades will be offered free to customers under warranty from 22nd Jan 2007.

The upgrade will comprise the 2007 disc set which, when inserted into the RNS-E, will upgrade the firmware to version 550 and in the process enable the TMC functionality.
Which means NO recoding, no HARDWARE upgrade (just SOFTWARE by inserting the 2007 DVD) - so any dealer that says recoding or hardware upgrade doesn't know what they are talking about - go to another dealer!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you petroldave, I upgraded my factory fit rns-d to rns-e, i would'nt hold much hope of getting a subsidised price on new DVD.

Am I looking at £200 ish? will a copy work OK?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Someone has already been told by their dealer that they will qualify for the FOC upgrade despite having retrofitted their RNS-E themselves.

Of course the dealer could be mistaken and/or change their minds but it certainly looks promising.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Vertigo1 said:
Someone has already been told by their dealer that they will qualify for the FOC upgrade despite having retrofitted their RNS-E themselves.

Of course the dealer could be mistaken and/or change their minds but it certainly looks promising.
That's very interesting - I'm still under warranty despite having retrofitted myself. Keep us posted!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My local dealer would charge for wiping your feet on thier doormat if they could, A free upgrade would be welcome. Lets wait and see...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Looking at your car spec brick-it, I think you might have problems getting the upgrade. Current word is that the A6 was left off the memo deliberately as only the very last of the old-shape models had the RNS-E from the factory and these will have to be considered individually by the dealer as to whether they'll do it for free as a goodwill gesture. In light of this, if you've fitted the RNS-E yourself then you could find it difficult to get them to play ball :(

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Maybe if i set the suspension to the lowest settings and remove the badges they might not notice.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.