Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

We will be writing to all Audi customers with RNS-E sat.nav. in January 2007, when we expect to have the TMC DVD available.

The good news is that this offer is now FOC.

Regards

Tom Peterkin

Customer Services Operations Mgr.

wondering does this apply to retrofit rns-e ?

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
a3guy said:
wondering does this apply to retrofit rns-e ?
It does say:

Tom Peterkin said:
all Audi customers with RNS-E sat.nav.
which also includes people with an A6/S6/RS6 - which the memo sent to UK Audi dealers did not.

Either Audi UK have had a change of heart, or they are just confused!

My money is on them being confused ...

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Also please note for clairity that this a UK letter and does not apply to the USA. Here the RNS-E owners get one free update but that's it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm sure Audi will have a list of chassis numbers that had RNS-E factory fitted. I guess that it will only be those customers that get the fre update.

I hope I'm wrong, but I can't see Audi giving us free stuff if we didn't pay them for the RNS-E and DVD's in the first place.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
can anyone confirm that retro fit rns-e are covered by audi uk warranty on the 2007 disc`s ?

anyone got there car booked in ?

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
a3guy said:
can anyone confirm that retro fit rns-e are covered by audi uk warranty on the 2007 disc`s ?

anyone got there car booked in ?
Over on www.tyresmoke.net several people with retrofitted RNS-E have reported that they have had the 2007 DVD installed for free by UK dealers.

Others with factory fitted RNS-E have been told by their dealer that there is no such free fitment program!!! - some dealers just don't know what they are talking about.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dealers seem a bit hit and miss with regards to knowing about the free disc.

phoned slough audi and they want £100 labour ](*,) i just laughed and hung up £100 to press 1 button remove disc and replace.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I rang my local dealer (norwich) and they know nothing about a new map being released. Maybe to roof being blown off in the recent bad weather had something to do with it. :)

£100 for a new dvd with tmc is at the end of the day good value, look how much they are sold for on ebay.

I just wish the information was the same and up to date.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
To anyone getting this sort of misinformation from their dealer - remember that Tom Peterkin of Audi UK has said that the dealer should be told to phone Tom personally and he will tell them that there IS a FREE OF CHARGE warranty program in place.

Here are Tom's contact details:

Tom Peterkin
Customer Services Operations Mgr.

Audi Aftersales & Service
Direct Line: 01908 601627
Fax: 01908 601281
E Mail: [email protected]

·
Registered
29 Posts
NSX JR said:
Also please note for clairity that this a UK letter and does not apply to the USA. Here the RNS-E owners get one free update but that's it.
Where is that stated? Just so I can walk in with it when I go into my clueless dealership.

·
Registered
53 Posts
ooppss, got the a3 booked in tommorow, dealer just called to say according to audi's systems your vehicle dosent have RNS-E fitted !!!!( mine is retro fitted) Are you sure it does.... I said yeah 110% sure it does... he said oh ok just checking see you tommorow ,it will take about 40 mins.. hope all goes ok now....
:?

·
Registered
21 Posts
a3moo said:
ooppss, got the a3 booked in tommorow, dealer just called to say according to audi's systems your vehicle dosent have RNS-E fitted !!!!( mine is retro fitted) Are you sure it does.... I said yeah 110% sure it does... he said oh ok just checking see you tommorow ,it will take about 40 mins.. hope all goes ok now....
I had my A3 taken away to be repaired this morning, thank you to the kind young lady who decided to use the back of my car as a brake, and I spoke to SG Smith Audi (Bromley) about having the the upgrade done at the same time. I was advised that it was only for A6/A8 owners so I told her about the recent upgrade program, which she was unaware of, but did admit that another customer had asked the same question so she is going to look into it.

I am not holding out too much hope!

·
Registered
53 Posts
mactrack said:
a3moo said:
I had my A3 taken away to be repaired this morning, thank you to the kind young lady who decided to use the back of my car as a brake, and I spoke to SG Smith Audi (Bromley) about having the the upgrade done at the same time. I was advised that it was only for A6/A8 owners so I told her about the recent upgrade program, which she was unaware of, but did admit that another customer had asked the same question so she is going to look into it.

I already spoke to the dealer about that issue he was fully aware how the upgrade service worked , he said the free upgrade is for A3/A4 and some A6/A8 models.......

I see what happens....

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
mactrack said:
a3moo said:

If they still say they know nothing tell them to do 2 things:

1) check on the Audi Desktop system and look at the message on 19th December 2006 regarding the issue.

2) phone Tom Peterkin at Audi UK - he will explain to them what they SHOULD do (do the upgrade free for you).

·
Registered
21 Posts
PetrolDave said:
mactrack said:
a3moo said:

If they still say they know nothing tell them to do 2 things:

1) check on the Audi Desktop system and look at the message on 19th December 2006 regarding the issue.

2) phone Tom Peterkin at Audi UK - he will explain to them what they SHOULD do (do the upgrade free for you).
There certainly seems a fair few people have got the upgrade done FOC whilst having a retrofitted RNS-E (like mine) but there appears not be a defintive answer from Audi UK/Tom as to whether the upgrade should apply in this situation. To be honest I would surprised if the official line was yes but I'm happy to try.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
mactrack said:
There certainly seems a fair few people have got the upgrade done FOC whilst having a retrofitted RNS-E (like mine) but there appears not be a defintive answer from Audi UK/Tom as to whether the upgrade should apply in this situation. To be honest I would surprised if the official line was yes but I'm happy to try.
Check over on www.tyresmoke.net - one person with a retrofitted RNS-E has posted the text of an email from Tom which specifically says retrofitted RNS-E's ARE included in the free warranty upgrade offer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
PetrolDave said:
mactrack said:
Check over on www.tyresmoke.net - one person with a retrofitted RNS-E has posted the text of an email from Tom which specifically says retrofitted RNS-E's ARE included in the free warranty upgrade offer.
Dave,

Thanks very much for that. I read 30+ pages of that thread the other day and I still did not pick up on that little nugget. Whilst rerofits are not specifically mentioned the offical line is "if the disc works it's FOC" which is all encompassing.

I will certainly get SG Smith to call Tom if they wont play ball. Thanks again.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I've just emailed my local canadian dealer to see if they'll honor this warrenty here. I will update this forum once I have a rsponse. I've been VERY happy with my dealer to date and they've always been fair and accomadating. Must be a Canadian thing :wink:

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Ponch said:
I've just emailed my local canadian dealer to see if they'll honor this warrenty here. I will update this forum once I have a rsponse. I've been VERY happy with my dealer to date and they've always been fair and accomadating. Must be a Canadian thing :wink:
The main subject of this thread is a UK specify warranty program to add the TMC feature. It doesn't even apply in the rest of Europe - with the same DVD!

IIRC there has been a mention that in the US one newer DVD is included in the standard warranty - that's the only warranty upgrade you could hope to get in Canada.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I finally got my A3 back yesterday after having the rear bumper replaced and SG Smith (Bromley) supplied the 2007 DVD under warranty, even though my RNS-E is a retrofit, also did the installation without charge (not a big deal I know!) but did keep my 2006_1 disc.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.