Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BTW......Anyone ever had a Nav system installed by your local Audi dealer ??
Will they do it ?? Or will they frown upon since it didn't come from a Audi dealer...??

I had mentioned to my salesman and he said go ask the service department....also he said that since after purchased install will void my warranty on the radio that came with the car....thats KOOL....

I hate for them to void the whole car instead...like if you CHIP it...

06 RED S4

·
Registered
737 Posts
Your install is plug & play, so I would not have the dealer install it. You will need to get ahold of a VAG tool so you can recode a few things. Other than that you shouldn't have any problems doing the swap.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Most dealers still say "it's impossible to add sat nav to your Audi", and won't touch doing the install.

I wouldn't go near a dealer - installing an RNS-E with a plug-n-play kit from one of the trusted sellers on here takes maybe an hour on a B6 or B7 A4. It's just not worth letting the "grease monkeys" at your dealer do it!

·
Registered
345 Posts
My Audi dealer said it could'nt be done this was when i had a RNS D so i found this great site and did it myself took it back to the Audi dealer to rub their noses in it made me feel very content.

then i changed to the RNS E which took an hour its plug and play its easy.

but with both Sat nav systems installed i have had warranty work carried out with NO problems from Audi.

In fact they asked at one point if i could help them install a RNS E into an A4 that a customer of theirs wanted to be included with the car they would like to buy.

i got a free longlife service for that one..... SUCKERS!!!

you can do it yourself its easy just read the posts on this forum :)

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Depends on the dealership. My brother does some part time work for a dealership and they will pretty much agree to any of this retrofit stuff if it will make a sale. My dealership is not quite as understanding...they will just give you my business card.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts