Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right after the start of the New Year 2022, I discovered that I could no longer use my Audi Connect App with my A3 Sportback e-torn, because AT&T and Verizon jumped ahead of the February 22, 2022 date to make the cellular change from G3 to G4. This means that I can not locate my A3 e-tron via the app, I can not scheduled charging via the app, I can not start preconditioning via the app, nor can I check total range and miles driven via the app. There is supposed to be a free upgrade to G4 cellular for A3 owners of all versions, but I have not received any letters or emails about the program.

Audi USA has crippled my ability to communicate with my vehicle remotely. Get the upgrade moving. NOW!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Right after the start of the New Year 2022, I discovered that I could no longer use my Audi Connect App with my A3 Sportback e-torn, because AT&T and Verizon jumped ahead of the February 22, 2022 date to make the cellular change from G3 to G4. This means that I can not locate my A3 e-tron via the app, I can not scheduled charging via the app, I can not start preconditioning via the app, nor can I check total range and miles driven via the app. There is supposed to be a free upgrade to G4 cellular for A3 owners of all versions, but I have not received any letters or emails about the program.

Audi USA has crippled my ability to communicate with my vehicle remotely. Get the upgrade moving. NOW!
My Audi Connect failed in early December when the iPhone myAudi app was updated. After repeated efforts, the so called Audi support team has been unable to get my connection going again. It was elevated to a higher level development team two weeks ago, but I've been told their backlog prevents them from looking at it for who knows how long.

Perhaps your problems are due to additional factors beyond G3->G4? If you look at the MyAudi reviews in the iPhone App Store, there has not been a rating above one start for a month.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My Audi Connect failed in early December when the iPhone myAudi app was updated. After repeated efforts, the so called Audi support team has been unable to get my connection going again. It was elevated to a higher level development team two weeks ago, but I've been told their backlog prevents them from looking at it for who knows how long.

Perhaps your problems are due to additional factors beyond G3->G4? If you look at the MyAudi reviews in the iPhone App Store, there has not been a rating above one start for a month.
I have the Audi A3 e-tron app. Is that the one you have? I have not received an update for it on my iPhone in years, so maybe we are using different apps to connect.
When I called Audi USA, I was informed that I am not the only owner who is experiencing a sudden loss of connectivity with their Audi Connect system AND it is due to AT&T and Verizon ignoring the agreement with Audi to wait until Feb. 22 to shut down G3. My local Audi dealer has already replaced G3 with G4 in many 4 and 5 series vehicles, but no 3 series at all. They were not even aware that there was a problem. To their credit, they did research it with Audi USA, but couldn’t get any specifics. Sounds like the runaround I had trying to get help on towbar installation from Audi USA, especially since the approval was right in the owner’s manual.
I will reply if I hear anything new.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the Audi A3 e-tron app. Is that the one you have? I have not received an update for it on my iPhone in years, so maybe we are using different apps to connect.
When I called Audi USA, I was informed that I am not the only owner who is experiencing a sudden loss of connectivity with their Audi Connect system AND it is due to AT&T and Verizon ignoring the agreement with Audi to wait until Feb. 22 to shut down G3. My local Audi dealer has already replaced G3 with G4 in many 4 and 5 series vehicles, but no 3 series at all. They were not even aware that there was a problem. To their credit, they did research it with Audi USA, but couldn’t get any specifics. Sounds like the runaround I had trying to get help on towbar installation from Audi USA, especially since the approval was right in the owner’s manual.
I will reply if I hear anything new.
The iPhone Store only has one app that I can see, called MyAudi (version 4.6.0). I have the '21 Q5 PHEV and all my issues are being handled by the e-tron team.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The iPhone Store only has one app that I can see, called MyAudi (version 4.6.0). I have the '21 Q5 PHEV and all my issues are being handled by the e-tron team.
I just checked and my app has now disappeared from the Apple app store. WOW, terrific move Audi. I will for another one which “might” work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts