Audi Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

my girlfriend an me are planning to visit the US soon and we don't want to miss the four rings when travelling the east coast down to florida :)
Before we spend thousands of $ to a car rental company we wanted to ask you guys, If you may know a different way to get a car on the street.

We thought at something like.. buying the car after arrival at a local dealer, giving it back to thim after our trip, getting back our money minus mileage fee and damages. What do you think?
Would it be a problem for us to get a number plate / insurance?

I know that our famous Audi RS4 and RS6 Avants (station body) haven't been sold in the USA. We have plenty of them here in mint condition, what about to bring one overseas and sell it before departure? Is there any need for them in the US, would anybody be interested?

Thanks for your inputs.

All the best
Joe

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
You can bring a car and drive it with a "tourist visa", needs to be insured in the home country with a valid license plate and time is limited to 3 or 6 months. But shipping it over here might be a little expensive and time consuming. I see European cars all the time in Chicago with German, French, British license plates. They are not street legal in the US, so you can't sell them and leave them here. But I'm sure if you bring a RS4 or RS6 in mint condition, someone will sacrifice himself, park it in his garage and use it for track events only.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, thanks for your quick answer... Seems not to be easy to modify a non US market car to be "legal" there...
Do you guys know a good car rental station at the east coast where Audis are found at a reasonable price for rent?

Thanks,
Joe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts