Audi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please may I request a little help, I have an Audi Multimedia Unit from an Audi A1. I am trying to 'bench test' it and when I power it up, all I get the Audi logo on showing on the screen, but then it shuts off. What do I have to do to get it to run constantly/properly, which other wires need connecting up please? what am I missing?

It seems like the current standard Audi quadlock connector. I connected 12v to the two wires and it seems to want something else to fire it up properly.

Many Thanks in Advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the reply Kris, How and where can I get this from? I can't see any pins marked for CAN on the unit. I do have what I believe is a 'Gateway unit' part number 8U0 907 468 G but other than the fibre optical cable, I don't know how to connect it to the head unit.

Many Thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Dave, This means that the 'Gateway Unit 8U0 907 468 G' has the part to play in this. I have this unit, I bought it with the Screen and Multimedia unit, from same car, but no wiring diagram in order to see where these wires connect too, to power up the gateway unit, other than the obvious fibre optic cable.

Many Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, update, I got it all powering up and working! however, It plays for about 10 seconds and then shows 'Component Protection' does anyone know how to remove the component protection on these units please?

I've read up people saying only Audi can reset the component protection issue, but surely that's not correct?!

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
I've read up people saying only Audi can reset the component protection issue, but surely that's not correct?!
Unfortunately it is correct.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts