Audi Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
On the 16-pin connector on the rear of the SCSM according to erWin the connections are:
1 - Earth
2 - Terminal 30 (+12v)
3 - CAN screen
4 - Unused
5 - Cruise Off
6 - Alarm
7 - Radiophone
8 - Convenience CAN Lo
9 - Convenience CAN Hi
10 - Powertrain CAN Hi
11 - Powertrain CAN Lo
12 - Ignition terminal 75
13 - Ignition terminal 15
14 - Ignition S contact
15 - Ignition terminal 50
16 - Ignition terminal P

·
Registered
367 Posts
Not on CAN-BUS equipped vehicles. That's why I was asking if you had the right forum-- the A3 has had CAN-BUS since 2005 or so. Your profile picture wasn't an A3.....etc.

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
Agh, my bad, so you guys can't recode your SCSM?
If you fit an A3 SCSM to an A3 then you can recode it as the A3 uses CAN bus diagnostics, but if you fit an A3 SCSM to a B6/B7 A4 then you can't recode it as they use dual K-line diagnostics for everything apart from the powertrain.

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
Don't have dual k-line. So I if I connect it to the can bus, I can use vagcom to recode it?
What car will you be installing it into?

If an A3 then yes (because as already said that uses CAN diagnostics), but if a B6/B7 A4 then no as the diagnostics messages won't get through to the CAN bus that it connects to.

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Agh, I see. It actually works fine, but I was wondering if it's possible to change some coding on it. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
Agh, I see. It actually works fine, but I was wondering if it's possible to change some coding on it. Thank you.
Not without being able to get to the CAN bus from the diagnostics socket - which you can't do in a non-CAN diagnostics car.

If you need to change the coding then you have 2 options - make up a bench rig, or temporarily install it into a car with CAN diagnostics like an 8P/8V A3 or an 8J TT.

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
which one is the diagnostics socket you are referring to?
None of them! I'm referring to the diagnostics socket in the car, down by the bonnet/hood release lever.

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
Agh, I was hoping there is a Kline pin there.
The A3 doesn't have a K-line so there's no need for Audi to have included one in the SCSM.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts