Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure how I would wire it to get power. I am going to be using the MMK from Poxus. I guess I would want it switched so it only is on when the car or nav unit is on.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just hooked one up. My A3, with the glovebox CD player was pretty easy. Tapped into three wires there:

Ground on the plug was brown...that was a pulled off a thicker black wire a couple inches back in the harness (which I found out when pulling back the black tape.

Red wire from the unit goes to pin 6 (in my harness that's a blue wire)

Yellow goes to accessory pin 8 (green)

If you have the two power connections switched, the unit will not light up very much. That means they are backwards.

As always...make sure you have the right size splicers, if not, you might be cutting a few more wires than you need to.

Here is a link to the glovebox CD player pinouts (or look in the schematics section of the site, NSXJR posted them--search "glovebox":

http://www.navplus.us/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2014&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Wiring harness behind is a little more involved, but prettystraight forward.

Mulitmedia unit sits nicely against the backwall...I have my video input facing the passenger side...perfect access if the glovebox is out...power/signal harness faces driver...

I'm doing this from Saturday's memory...but here goes...(PROXUS, feel free to correct this from your memory if I get it screwed up)

harness plugs to NAV+, couple lead wires need to be spliced...2 Power, 2 for CAN

Pins for NAV power connector:
D: Power Connector
9 - CAN h
10 - CAN l
11 - TEL
12 - Kl.31 (mass)
13 - U14 ST DSP (radio on)
14 - DWA GND
15 - Kl.30
16 - U14R-1

Connect the two wires for power (black and red), then the two for the CAN (which PROXUS said should matter which is which).

Here is a link to the NAV+ pins:
http://www.navplus.us/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

I can probably pop the NAV back out and pop some pics for you if you need em.

I can't wait to take it for a good drive....

·
Registered
27 Posts
One more thing...

The ViM coding did change my NAV+ power on behavior...it can be turned on when the car is off. However, it does shut down at a set interval. The MM unit shuts down on it's own as well. However, if the car is on, turn the key off, the power shuts down on the NAV+, then a min or so later, the DVD shuts down.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
lilmonkeyA3 said:
One more thing...

The ViM coding did change my NAV+ power on behavior...it can be turned on when the car is off. However, it does shut down at a set interval. The MM unit shuts down on it's own as well. However, if the car is on, turn the key off, the power shuts down on the NAV+, then a min or so later, the DVD shuts down.
Are you saying that it shuts off at a set interval even when the car is running? If it does this only when the car is off then that is what is supposed to happen...after about 20 minutes.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Might need a bit of clarification...been fiddling with it all week...

1. Does not shut off after 20 min. while driving.

2. The RSN-E can be turned on with the the on/off switch when the car is off. Not sure how long it will take to completely shut off. Haven't tried if this is only in TV mode, or with radio/nav as well. This might be a simple code tweak, but it has to be delibrately turned on after the car is off...so it shouldn't be any kind of issue.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
When ignition is OFF navigation will turn off after 30 minutes. This is security measure to avoid battery drainage. I'm not sure if this could be regulated by coding itself. Never attempted to do it at least.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts