Audi Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Japanese DVD Navigation Plus with build-in TV tuner and MD player. Does not work anywhere but Japan.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am new to the forum and trying to figure out a (cheap) system for my Audi A4 (B6) 2002. The point is that my car is imported and I live in Brazil, so there is no solution for the Navigation issue. So I am looking for a DVD/TV turner solution.
I saw this same device (in a bid site that I will not mention to not break any rules of the forum) of the topic but I am not sure if it will be a plug and play for an Audi A4, if so it would be cheapest stuff to fix in my car and have an in dash (original) DVD and TV turner.
They annouce it as an:
"Audi Part Number 8E0 035 192 A. This unit fits perfect in the new Audi A4 Modell (8E)"

But will it fit to my car? Would I have wire and cable problems?

Can anyone help me with it?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Again, the 8E0 035 192 A does only work in Japan. Its radio and TV tuner use frequencies not used anywhere else and you won't be able to receive any station. It's DVD navigation unit accepts only Japanese map DVDs (which are using a format not compatible with any other region). The only true statement is that is will mechanically fit in an A4 B6 (because it's made for a Japanese A4 B6).

Do NOT BUY this unit unless you are in Japan.

If you want a cheap system, try to get the RNS-D, part number 8E0 035 192 or 8E0 035 192B (both are European A4 B6 units). However, I have no idea if there is a "Dietz" adapter which supports the Brazilian TV standard. If you do not have a tuner which produces a PAL60 or NTSC signal you may be out of luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts