Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have just managed to install my RNS-E into my A4 B7. But did anyone else find that massive loom that feeds the climate control unit a pain, and did it stop you easily sliding in the unit.

Like I said it is in now but I had to wiggle the big loom a bit to try and get it out of the way. I then run an auto scan on the car and it threw up this fault:

Address 08: Auto HVAC
Part No: 8E0 820 043 BL
Component: A4 Klimaautomat 2833
Coding: 00000
Shop #: WSC 00000

1 Fault Found:
01317 - Control Module in Instrument Cluster (J285)
49-10 - No Communications - Intermittent

So I have since cleared the fault code, run an output test on the climate control unit (It passed) and the code has not come back. Do you think this would have been down to me wiggling the loom? And do you think I will have any future problems with this, I hope I have not damaged any wiring.

Your thought will hopefully reassure me, as I cant find any posts relating to a tight fit on a B7.

Terry

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
codes related to radio or instrument cluster are common after NAV install.
Those arrors are showing because, some wiring was disconnected, but you can clear them out and rescan those modules to check if problem still exist.

A4 has small media compartment so those adapters need to be squeezed very tight. I would suggest to remove all unnecessary connectors (some adapters come with TEL plug for example)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Proxus,

Yeah I have re scanned the car and all faults have gone now. I have a empty quadlock as I was going to get rid of the PnP adapter to clear up some space.

Its just having the balls to chop the iso connectors off and I need to find a molex crimp tool that will be good enough for the job.

It does not appear to be a common mod, although I know craigyb has tackled it and won!! But it is a very tight working space!!

Terry

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
An A4 has acres of space, try doing it in an RS6, man thats is tight. But I wouldn't even bother on an A4

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its not really the PnP harness thats in the way, its the loom that feeds the climate control unit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts