Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before, when the warning screen came up, i could just hit OK and it would bring up my compass/street display on the DIS. Now it doesnt come up every time at all when i turn the car on.

Also, when i open the door when the compass/street mode is on, i have to turn off the nav and turn it back on to get the display back, but it was doing this even when I was still using the 2006 disc. is there something i can recode with the vag-com to fix this? its kind of annoying. It doesnt do it in my friends S4 w/ his retrofitted RNS-E, only in my A4.

thanks!

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
That's a known issue in A4 B6 with red DIS. The only permanent fix is tio get a new instrument cluster, or someone very smart to build a blackbox that fixes this issue.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yea I ran into the same thing and it's pretty damn annoying. I think I'd almost take the warning screen over having to turn the unit off and on again.

I've heard about people having this issue before, but it was never an issue for me until the upgrade to SW 0150. I used to get the compass everytime without having to shut off the unit and I have the red DIS.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I am wondering if one of you would be willing to invest a little time and effort to try to solve this problem. I am fairly confident, that if we can figure out what the problem is, it can be fixed with CANGate.

What I need is someone with the problem, who is willing to wire in the CANGate in their adapter harness, and take some CAN message traces for me. You would have to have a laptop available to take the traces in the car.

I can lend you a CANGate while we investigate the problem, and if I am able to fix it, you can decide if you want to buy it, or just send it back. I am out of stock at the moment, but should have more in 3-4 weeks.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

Bjarne

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
With my test cluster (red DIS) I get the navi info shown each time I turn on route guidance or compass. However, this was not the case while the cluster was installed in the car. Maybe it's different now because I allways "connect the battery and turn ignition on" at the same time. While I was playing with the cluster I have seen that it initially "pings" the RNS-E and waits for a response. If it does't receive a response in time it will ignore all future attemps from the navi to show anything on the DIS (this is with US 0150 on the RNS-E, earlier versions may have a different behaviour). IIRC the communication happens on 6C0 and 6C1.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts