Audi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking for someone to install an RNS-E with Sirius and/or bluetooth into my 02' A4. Anybody know of a good installer or shop that wont charge an arm and leg? I'm not too keen on doing it myself.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I thought Audi techs don't know anything about retrofitting the RNS-E? Just joking of course...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Install

Alex thanks for the reply, please keep me in mind, and feel free to contact me directly if you have any unresolved issues with the install, or any other aspect of your vehicle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alright then, in that case have a little poll or "price is right" if you will. Since price is a subjective issue, how much would you guys be willing to pay to have someone install an RNS-E into your car? Keep in mind this unit is considered plug and play. I've received quotes up to $500 just to install the head unit without any add ons!! I think thats highway robbery for a 30 minute install. Survey says!! $200? $300??

·
Registered
71 Posts
BBC is installing...

the ME3, XM, Dietz 1417/1380, Ampl TV antenna and the factory submarine antenna which he CORRECTLY integrated into the diversity system. He's also VAG'd everything to my Euro RNS-E and Phatnoise. You are correct. Some Audi techs run from these jobs. All I have to say is; stop by and look at the ABSOLUTELY SEEMLESS install in my Audi. I'll recommend him. I installed my RNS-e (to save $$) and unknowingly broke a pin in the harness, losing my Phatnoise. BBC caught the issue right away and got the Pbox working again.

Don't pay to have someone learn how to do the install it on your car. Pay once and be satisfied. Don't get a great deal, have issues, bring it back and hope they know what's wrong with it. I don't know of anyone else’s install jobs (in Orange County) simply because I have not seen their work/feedback posted. PM me if you have any other questions. I'm in Dana Point.

Michael '02 AR 6SP M

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.