Audi Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody had the dealer run the cable from the RNS-E up to the sharkfin antenna? Would they be able to get the part or would I need to supply it? How long would it take them to do? I don't feel like messing around with all those trim pieces and the headliner (which as I understand requires tools), but I am starting to see bad reception when I'm in areas with a lot of buildings, so I'd like to try and get the best reception possible. Plus, then it would be 99% stock (only difference being the adapter cable from Symphony II to RNS-E).

Or should I look at a non-dealer shop to do this? If anybody knows a good shop in the bay area, let me know :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have problem with my GPS signal and I have requested parts and labor to install the shark Fin antenna and once they tell me the total price I will let everyone know.

·
Registered
737 Posts
It really not hard of an install. Your in California, why don't you post on Audizine or Audiworld in the California forum and ask for some help. I'm sure that someone would be willing to help you out.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Audi of Mission Viejo are very very helpful people I'll ask them and if its arm in a leg I'll see if I can find someone at Audiworld etc..

I will post what the dealer will charge me tommorrow when I take my car for 30k service

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Curious to see what people come back with for quotes. If they're too high, I'll go the route of asking people on the forums...

·
Registered
142 Posts
I asked the dealer or the service guy he said dont even think about it because it would cost me too much $$$ but I got a quote from someone elese for $500 but I think thats a bit too high...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: I've done it, works great

s4for5 said:
http://forums.audiworld.com/s4b6/msgs/355751.phtml

Part # 000-098-657 $ 35.00
Cool, any idea whether it's in this location on the A3's as well? I don't want to pull off the entire headliner...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ben @ Audi of Mission Viejo did mine...

It would be worth it to take your car down here for your next service. Not only did he install it correctly, he hooked up all the diversity antennas for the TV tuner, AM, FM & Sat. He also located and installed all the correct amplifiers for the diversity antennas. PM him for pricing. Top notch work is an understatement describing his work and experience.

Michael - '02 6SP M Allroad

Euro RNS-e (Proxus), Phatnoise (DLR-BBC), XM (DLR), ME3(eBay), Amplified TV antenna (eBay), Dietz 1417 (Steve Z1), Dietz 1380 (Euro Parts), Upgrade to '05 Allroad Submarine antenna (DLR-BBC), TeddyB's custom harness, BBC's install to fully integrate EVERYTHING (seamlessly) like the factory wish they would have.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Shark Fin Retrofit

I offer a shark fin kit which includes a color matched factory shark fin, and the GPS wiring to the RNS-E. I also offer the NEW shark fin ( featured on 07 Audi Vehicles) antenna which is about 50% smaller. all you have to do is drill a hole lin the roof and bolt in the antenna. It leven has it's own double layer seal for water tightness. These are factory parts, but you must supply VIN for correct color matching. This antenna also gives you the antenna for SAT radio and Telephone. Contact me at [email protected] for pricing details.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Re: Shark Fin Retrofit

BBC said:
I offer a shark fin kit which includes a color matched factory shark fin, and the GPS wiring to the RNS-E. I also offer the NEW shark fin ( featured on 07 Audi Vehicles) antenna which is about 50% smaller. all you have to do is drill a hole lin the roof and bolt in the antenna. It leven has it's own double layer seal for water tightness. These are factory parts, but you must supply VIN for correct color matching. This antenna also gives you the antenna for SAT radio and Telephone. Contact me at [email protected] for pricing details.
Nice work Ben. That's good stuff!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts