Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes I get in the car, and it'll act like I was in progress of getting to my last destination when I am not. And I'll have to go to end navigation, or whatever the command is... Is there a way to clear the last destination so that the nav doesnt get confused when I turn on the car sometimes? its kind of annoying.

thanks!

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
On the opening NAV screen, select "Stop route guidance".

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats precisely the problem. Route guidance has already been stopped before i shut off the car, or even if i havent used the navigation in a few days, and when i turn the car on it'll think it has already started route guidance, so i'll have to go and stop it just as you described. It wouldnt do this if there wasnt an active destination... is there any way to erase the current destination?

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
For those in Europe, change the country.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Yeah I have to do that also, and I really hate it. I don't know why it does that and I really don't think its supposed to work like that. There's no reason why I should have to change the region just to keep my navigation from "Auto starting" even though I've reached my destination or I've stop route navigation manually.

I hope that when the new nav update comes out that they might address this.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
It seems only a few people are reporting this problem - OK it's 100% for you and that makes it really annoying.

I've never had it happen on the two RNS-E's that I've owned.

Is it a US software only bug ("feature")? If someone in Europe or elsewhere is seeing it please tell us.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Mine has never restarted automatically either once i stop the route guidance. Perhaps it is a B6/B7 problem?

I can see how it may be annoying but maybe you should try clearing out the destination instead of stopping the route guidance in the first place. It is only two presses of the control knob instead of one. You can always pull the destination back up by going to "previous destinations" and if it is a destination that you use frequently then it should be in your "top" list which you can get to by scrolling down on the main nav screen.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
NSX JR said:
if it is a destination that you use frequently then it should be in your "top" list which you can get to by scrolling down on the main nav screen.
Do you mean that you can have more than one "TOP" destination?

I've always assumed that you can only have one "TOP" destination, not a list - have I been assuming wrong for the last year?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Aren't top destinations (as many as you want) marked by a flag, even if they are not active destinations?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Granted my unit has only been in for a day or so now, but I am not having this problem in my B6 S4. If I enter "stop route guidance" then it stops. Once I get back in the car it doesn't attempt to pick up the route again. I should say though, that for the most part the DVD is usually removed from the unit since I've been playing MP3 CD's in there as well.

·
Registered
249 Posts
NSX JR said:
Mine has never restarted automatically either once i stop the route guidance. Perhaps it is a B6/B7 problem?
mine never has either...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Guidance Autostarting

I can report a similar problem. I have a 2005.5 A4 sedan and a late year 2005 A4 cabriolet, both with the RNS-E system. My sedan is hw53 the cabrio is hw52.... I don't know exactly what that means or if it is important.

Anyway, last week I purchased from Audi (probably a mistake) the update DVD v2 thinking I was just getting new maps, and since I don't drive both cars long-distance simultaneously, I'd just put the new disk in whichever car.

So I first put it in my sedan and to my surprise, it ran the system update. No big deal, since now I have a clock readout on the screen, where the passenger can see. I thought that was worth adding to the cab, so I then installed there too. Everything seemed great. Put the old map disk into the cab and went on my way. Both cars show sw0110.

That's when the weirdness started. My wife reported that she had been driving, NOT using the guidance system, stopped and left the car for a while. When she turned the car on later, it immediately went into active guidance trying to convince her to go to the last destination. I thought she must have hit the accept 2x by accident. Well, it has happened several times since then, including once while I was driving. Pretty creepy.

I have figured that not having a destination in the address fields foils the problem, but that's not really a satisfactory solution. This seems to be a real problem.

Does anyone have any real thoughts about this?? Is there any possibility that it has something to do with having the older disk in with the new update?? I tried today having the new disk in that car.... will have to wait and see if there is a difference.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Since this has just started appearing after you updated the SW in both units to US 0110, and nobody in Europe is reporting this problem, IMHO this is a bug that has been introduced in the US SW0110.

·
Registered
7 Posts
hw52 vs hw53

Can anyone surmise why one car would show hw52 and the other hw53?

Does anyone think that difference may have something to do with the "malfunction"??

By the way, I took the car to the dealer and had them do a force reversal of the software update. Now the version reads X---

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The RNS-E in your cars are probably build at different dates, therefore the newer RNS-E has the higher HW version. Audi/Aisin are constantly making changes, right now they are at HW 72 or so. This should not effect how the software works though.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Same problem on my 06 A4 Avant.

I've been trying to figure out a pattern, since it's not something than happens every time I turn the car on, but have had no luck..

Really an annoying bug.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.