·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I just did the install this weekend
A bit tricky when doing for first time
Finally got everything sorted out, well almost

When I drove the car today, the little triangle that shows your position was not moving as I drove.
It seemed to stay in the same spot as when I started the car.
I checked the satellites and they were between 5 and 8! at some points.
I could have swore that yesterday the map was working/rotating
I think I made some setting to keep the map in a North is up position at all times.

1. Could that settings change make the current location pointer triangle remain in a certain location?

I beleive I properly tapped the proper wires behind the cluster (blue plug) and B3 in my harness leading the the nav unit.
I did not cut the harness wire, just used a blue 3m t tap.

2. Does one have to actually cut that wire leading to b3 on rns-e unit (so it's only feed is the speed wire from cluster) or is tapping sufficient?

3. will I have to pull the radio again to re-check the connection?

4. Should I just buy another connector from Lanny @ euro-parts? (who has also been helpful and called me back even tho I didn't buy the harness from him)

TeddyBGame responded to a thread (w/ pics) I posted on audiword, saying that my harness needed to be modified
http://forums.audiworld.com/allroad/msgs/165321.phtml

I got the whole setup from Haaggie (Albert) who has been very helpful.

Thanks,
Gideon

2004 AllRoad 4.2 (Sym II removed, Non Bosed, OEM XM, OEM Nav)

I shoulda took better pics

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Any chance to make those pictures smaller?

Anyway, go into Engineering Mode and check if you get a speed signal. If it shows no speed, check if the unit is coded for an A6. And if it is then I'm afraid you have to pull it out again and check the speed wire. There is nothing on the RNS-E that would disable the speed signal by going into any of the menus.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, I assume egineering mode while driving to see speed?

i resized pics, but they don't seem to be taking effect
I pressed f5 in my browser too

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do these pics show no speed signal on Engineering Mode?

I took these while driving this morn.
I assume seeing 0 for the values of "Vehicle Signal" means problem with speed signal?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
That pretty much points to an issue with the speed wire, assuming your RNS-E is coded for an A6.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts