Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed this a few times since getting the car. It's not a 100% repeating event, I haven't figured out the pattern, but sometimes when I get in the car and start it. It jumps right to route gruidence active and starts giving driving directions. Any one else ever see this?

·
Registered
737 Posts
Mine does it all the time in my 2005 B6 S4. I can't stand it and it really bothers me. It even does it even though I go and press the button to "stop route guidance."

The only way I've found to stop it is to select another region and that's it. But that's just a temporary fix because the next time you use the Navigation for directions and the last destination will keep starting back up until I select a different region.

I'd really like to get to the bottom of this!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So weird. I've found that if I leave the car with the unit in nav mode that also seems to keep it from jumping to route guidence. Any other E owners have this trouble?

·
Registered
132 Posts
You mean if you turn the car off // on ?

I usually use nav to get home for fun (voice keeps me awake) and if u don't "arrive at ur desitnation" like i pull up to my back driveway and not the front it iwll start again when i start car again.

You can reset to factory settings - that helped

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Reset like reset all settings? Wiping out everything? Not sure how that helps other than make me have to put names and addresses back in?

That does make sense though about stopping short of destination. I'll see if that changes things next time I go out.

·
Registered
132 Posts
use the pinpoint location thing - have it pinpoint ur location and it'll make it more precise - cuz it'll keep trying to find a route

for example today i drove to my dorm at collge but the destination was the admissions building at school so after gettign back int he car to go out for dinner - it kept trying to drive me to school

1 - 6 of 6 Posts