Audi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm hoping you can help me retrofit my AMI to my Audi R8.. I've searched countless posts to no avail!

I've got a 2011 R8 with a 'media' headunit part number 424 035 192 F. I currently have a CD Changer and a AUX input. I also have the comfort phone system (bluetooth) and a reversing camera if that matters.

I bought the following;
AMI Unit - 8P0 035 785
Kufatec Cable - this one

I coded in VCDS for media player 3 in module 19 (CAN Gateway)
I coded the radio module 56 for AMI (I tried various combinations here)

No matter what happens though only the AUX is shown in the source menu. I've tried disconnecting it from the centre console but AUX still shows. The 32 pin connector is still at the back of the RNS-E unit. I've been looking at various pinouts and it looks like the 32 pin connector is for the AUX. Am I meant to disconnect this or splice the 3 wires into my Kufatec cable? I.e I can't run AUX & the AMI unit at the same time?

It's weird because the Audi AMI cable 8K0 051 592 seems to use the 32 pin connector but the Kufatec cable uses only the block connector which seems to replace the CD changer. I've read countless threads and this seems to be the case? I'm wondering if I now have the wrong cable and I should maybe have gotten this one.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi,

I do believe you need the other cable, I don't have the factory Bluetooth and I purchased this cable:

Once installed, I made the exact modification in VCDS, like you did and by pressing the media button, I can switch between, media 1, media 2, aux and aux2 (bluetooth)

I have tried installing it with this cable:

And that did not work.

Hope it helps,

Happy New Year.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Thanks for this, I have ordered this one in the end, should be arriving soon. I need to make some modifications though as I have the OEM rear view camera which shares some pins in that 32 pin connector... fun times. Will keep you posted.

Happy New Year!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts