Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have a digital camera, but when I do I will put pics up.

I have a '00 A4 with the CD NAV+ and really like the factory look, but lets face it, the system is outdated. I really didn't want to throw in an aftermarket unit and the RNS-E was more than I wanted to spend. So this is my solution....

I just read about the Alpine VehicleHub that lets you connect any Alpine add on to any factory monitor/radio. I bought one of the A/V adapters for the NAV+ and installed the VehicleHub with an Alpine sirius tuner and ipod cable. I can now get all of the info on the NAV+ screen and it is awsome! The only downside is that you have to control the ipod/sirius from a remote. For me though, I just didnt want an ipod and sat radio tuner messing up my dash so this is perfect. Not all that expensive either. If anyone has questions about it, feel free to fire me an e-mail.

Matt

·
Registered
23 Posts
did you ever get pics? i would love to hear more about how it works, are the menu's fast and the interface good to use?

how easy is the controller to use?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, i ended up selling the whole set up as it was kind of a pain to use. It definately does everything, but personally I was just not a fan of having a remote to work everything (I have a habit of losing them).

·
Registered
23 Posts
hi mtalking,

hope your still around, i have a few more questions for you on how it was installed. Did you have the antenna hooked up to the RNS-E and the vehiclehub at the same time? also how did you convert the RNS-E's low level audio outputs to the vehiclehub's high level inputs?

and also, is the remote control actually wired? or can you dismount it and use it anywhere in the car?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.