Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there anyone who can help me sort this last problem after installing a B7 MFSW my airbag light keeps coming on i have checked all wiring and all 100 % ok i think i have a problem with the 4 pin SC ring connection my old sc ring plug had the yellow wire in pin 1 and the white was in pin 2 so i copied this onto the new plug run vag com no faults took the car for a drive airbag light comes on.
So i thought maybe it should be yellow wire to pin 3 and white wire to pin 4 as Todd discribed in his thread run vag com took the car for a drive no airbag light get in the car the next day go for a drive airbag light comes on.

so is there anyone who could tell me the wiring diagram for the B7 SC ring 4 pin connector on a B6 A4 2.5 tdi 2003 model in the UK.

please can someone help as i dont want to keep guessing the pin location incase it damages the SC ring or sets my Airbag off.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
livefour2day said:
is there anyone who can help me sort this last problem after installing a B7 MFSW my airbag light keeps coming on i have checked all wiring and all 100 % ok i think i have a problem with the 4 pin SC ring connection my old sc ring plug had the yellow wire in pin 1 and the white was in pin 2 so i copied this onto the new plug run vag com no faults took the car for a drive airbag light comes on.
So i thought maybe it should be yellow wire to pin 3 and white wire to pin 4 as Todd discribed in his thread run vag com took the car for a drive no airbag light get in the car the next day go for a drive airbag light comes on.

so is there anyone who could tell me the wiring diagram for the B7 SC ring 4 pin connector on a B6 A4 2.5 tdi 2003 model in the UK.

please can someone help as i dont want to keep guessing the pin location incase it damages the SC ring or sets my Airbag off.
This is very strange :shock: :shock: I think to some loose conncetion ...but in this moment I don't remember how is connected mine I will verify and inform you.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
livefour2day said:
thank you
You must have a false-contact in some of the little plugs concerning the wyres in that yellow connector.IF It was a problem of 3/4 4/3 when you clear the fault it returns immediatly. So check finely the plugs and I'm sure there is the solution.
Good luck.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a4ss4abt for giving me advice,

the strange :shock: thing is my light seems to come on when i drive up a road a short distance from my house it has come on 3 times at exactly the same spot.

i think you are right the problem is the 4 pin plug i think if i remember correctly the new SC ring had wider teminals but i am not sure if they are would the pins from my old connector make contact with them correctly.

one other question will i set the airbag off if i try differant pin locations or are we saying yellow wire pin 3 white wire pin 4

i will go out in a minute and see if the airbag fault is the same as when i had the wires in pin 1 and 2

thanks for taking the time to try and help me

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
livefour2day said:
Thanks a4ss4abt for giving me advice,

the strange :shock: thing is my light seems to come on when i drive up a road a short distance from my house it has come on 3 times at exactly the same spot.

i think you are right the problem is the 4 pin plug i think if i remember correctly the new SC ring had wider teminals but i am not sure if they are would the pins from my old connector make contact with them correctly.

one other question will i set the airbag off if i try differant pin locations or are we saying yellow wire pin 3 white wire pin 4

i will go out in a minute and see if the airbag fault is the same as when i had the wires in pin 1 and 2

thanks for taking the time to try and help me
Sorry but now I've seen that you have changed the pins... if first time you connect they was 1/2 and the fault was cleared why have you changed them? In my car It must be 1/2 because with the instrument it was tested that Airbag signal coming from S/C ring arrives exactly there. It isn't possible to change the pins so you should have 2 different faults.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i changed the pins because todds thread said pins 3 and 4 so i guessed it could be that is why my airbag light comes on.

Heres the worrying bit for all of us that have done the B7 MFSW change i have now put the pins in 3 and 4 but this time i changed the pins for new ones as they looked slightly bent i have taken the car up the road and the light is still off but what worries me is i have had these wires in pins 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and cleared the faults on all pins so is this wired correctly to ignite the airbag.

If on a impact how do we know which pins are correct to ignite the airbag as i have had these pins in 1 2 3 4 and cleared the faults

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
livefour2day said:
i changed the pins because todds thread said pins 3 and 4 so i guessed it could be that is why my airbag light comes on.

Heres the worrying bit for all of us that have done the B7 MFSW change i have now put the pins in 3 and 4 but this time i changed the pins for new ones as they looked slightly bent i have taken the car up the road and the light is still off but what worries me is i have had these wires in pins 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and cleared the faults on all pins so is this wired correctly to ignite the airbag.

If on a impact how do we know which pins are correct to ignite the airbag as i have had these pins in 1 2 3 4 and cleared the faults
The only system I know is an instrument wich tests exactly where airbag signal arrives behind the S/C ring but you must have something of incorrect also in Dual Stage harness because only two wires have to be armed and not 4 as you told me.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i have only 2 wires in the 4 pin yellow plug they where in 1 and 2 now they are in 3 and 4 i have taken it out again and the light is still off but i am not sure it will stay that way i think when left overnight it will be differant tomorow it seems to be after it has stood overnight that it happens dont know why

but to confirm i only have 2 wires a yellow and white which are in pin 3 and 4 now

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
livefour2day said:
i have only 2 wires in the 4 pin yellow plug they where in 1 and 2 now they are in 3 and 4 i have taken it out again and the light is still off but i am not sure it will stay that way i think when left overnight it will be differant tomorow it seems to be after it has stood overnight that it happens dont know why

but to confirm i only have 2 wires a yellow and white which are in pin 3 and 4 now
I can't open mine because when I've made the swap the torkx necessary was of my friend but if I remember right, looking in front of the wheel, 2 wires comin from ignitor was left connected in my yellow plug behind the S/C ring. So I don't know if this means 1/2 or 3/4....

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well it lasted 2 days without the light coming on and now its back on again :( i am starting to give up on this worse of all i cant even take it to a audi dealer as they wont touch it with a modified harness.guess no one has any advice either :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :?:

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
livefour2day said:
well it lasted 2 days without the light coming on and now its back on again :( i am starting to give up on this worse of all i cant even take it to a audi dealer as they wont touch it with a modified harness.guess no one has any advice either :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :?:
Mine is perfectly working and I don't think there is a ghost in yours.
I've never heard other guys with this fault so I'm always sure you have something of wrong in wires or in airbag-harness. Unfortunately I'cant see where is the fault from here. :oops: :oops: :oops:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
a4ss4abt you have been a big help to me on this as well as Todd so i thank you i dont expect you to have the answers and i do THANK YOU for your help, but i have changed the harness and put new pins in the 4 pin connector and check for loose wires so now i have really come to the end of anymore ideas, i hoped someone would have the wiring diagram for the 4 pin connector onb the back of the SC ring so i could confirm which pins are correct.

i dont know why my old connector was marked 1 2 3 4 and yours and todds was marked 3 4 5 6

any way thank you for your time and efforts :D

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
livefour2day said:
a4ss4abt you have been a big help to me on this as well as Todd so i thank you i dont expect you to have the answers and i do THANK YOU for your help, but i have changed the harness and put new pins in the 4 pin connector and check for loose wires so now i have really come to the end of anymore ideas, i hoped someone would have the wiring diagram for the 4 pin connector onb the back of the SC ring so i could confirm which pins are correct.

i dont know why my old connector was marked 1 2 3 4 and yours and todds was marked 3 4 5 6

any way thank you for your time and efforts :D
OPPSSS.. :shock: :shock: what is this history what pins and what connector?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i bought the new 4 pin plug 4E0 972 133 that you found out for todd my old 4 pin plug that was on the car for my old airbag was numbered 1 2 3 4 and the
yellow wire was in 1 and
the white wire was in pin 2

so i put the new wires in pin 1 and 2 in the new plug 4E0 972 133
got the fault and light on so i read todds thread again and he said his was in pin 3 and 4

so i put yellow wire in pin 3 and white wire in pin 4, i also changed the pins for new ones to make sure of good connection

this worked for 2 days but now the light has come on again.

my fault codes was this

VAG-COM Version: Release 607.2-UD

Control Module Part Number: 8E0 959 655 B
Component and/or Version: Airbag 8.4EP 3002
Software Coding: 0010602
Work Shop Code: WSC 63351
1 Fault Found:
00588 - Airbag Igniter; Driver Side (N95)
002 - Lower Limit Exceeded - Intermittent - MIL ON

but i noticed todds fault codes was this

VAG-COM Version: Release 607.0-UD

Control Module Part Number: 8E0 959 655 K
Component and/or Version: Airbag 8.4EP 1001
Software Coding: 0010607
Work Shop Code: WSC 63351
1 Fault Found:
00588 - Airbag Igniter; Driver Side (N95)
001 - Upper Limit Exceeded - MIL ON

his says upper limit exceeded

mine says lower limited exceeded

i am hoping there is a clue here
also is my software coding correct i have front and side airbags and airbags in the front seats could this be the problem it has not changed from my old airbag software code

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
No your code is correct you must have exactly the same fault I had when my dual stage was not properly connected.
The problem must be in Airbag-Harness where you fixed togheter wires 3+5 and 4+6 before the S/C ring big yellow CONNECTOR.
I've always suspected this was the problem so I think you must control those connections.
Good Luck

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
did you connect the wires in the big yellow connector at the connector or at the ingniter plugs i have done mine at the big plug end not igniter plugs i cut the wires from 3+5 and 4+6 and soldered them together example 3+5 became one wire and 4+6 became another wire i have checked these over and over and they are correct i even bought a new harness and did it again.

i put the pins in 1 and 2 on the 4 pin connector last night took it for a drive this morning and after 3 minutes the light came on.

but when i had the pins in 3 and 4 it took 2 days for the light to come on.

i still think its this 4 pin connector that is the problem. if i try differant pin posistions could it set the airbag off i was going to try swapping wires around to see if its that,

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
a4ss4abt thank you for still trying to help me and not giving up i cant thank you enough :D :D :D :D :D :D

just been out and checked the fault codes for pins 1 and 2 and it had 2 fault codes lower limit and higher limit exceeded

so it has to be the order of these wires in the 4 pin connector.

just to check i took the 4 pin connector off cleared the codes and the light came back on straight away so i think i just need to find out which colour wire yellow wire and white wire go to in the 1 2 3 4 number pin slots

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
livefour2day said:
a4ss4abt thank you for still trying to help me and not giving up i cant thank you enough :D :D :D :D :D :D

just been out and checked the fault codes for pins 1 and 2 and it had 2 fault codes lower limit and higher limit exceeded

so it has to be the order of these wires in the 4 pin connector.

just to check i took the 4 pin connector off cleared the codes and the light came back on straight away so i think i just need to find out which colour wire yellow wire and white wire go to in the 1 2 3 4 number pin slots
Yes as you have only 2 pin slots powered from S/C ring I assume that the corrects are 3 and 4 but if the lamp comes on after 2 day there is only a possibility some loosened wIres-plugs-connections or harness.

·
Registered
737 Posts
What car is this going into?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.