Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently been looking into the aftermarket adapters for ipod connection to the RNS-E unit. For example, I saw a Monster adapter that plugs into the radio the same as it would for the CD-changer and you can still use the radio functions to controld the ipod. Has anyone tried these adapters/connections and do they work? I have seen many posts on here about how there is no possible way of connecting your ipod to the RNS-E with button functionality, but am curious about this. If the RNS-E unit thinks it's the CD changer, that seems like it would work. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
142 Posts
otisore said:
I have recently been looking into the aftermarket adapters for ipod connection to the RNS-E unit. For example, I saw a Monster adapter that plugs into the radio the same as it would for the CD-changer and you can still use the radio functions to controld the ipod. Has anyone tried these adapters/connections and do they work? I have seen many posts on here about how there is no possible way of connecting your ipod to the RNS-E with button functionality, but am curious about this. If the RNS-E unit thinks it's the CD changer, that seems like it would work. Any thoughts?
Here is a link that I found for you:
http://www.audiforums.com/m_232402/tm.htm

If you get the right cable that connects the Ipod to the back of RNS-E in the CD changer it will act as the Ipod is cd changer and you can control the Ipod music from the RNS-E or your OEM Audi Symp. Radio.

My question is does the song names show up on RNS-E or just track number.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
msharifi said:
My question is does the song names show up on RNS-E or just track number.
Since it uses the CD changer interface, only track numbers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts