1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced my B6 S/C with: 4E0 953 541 B

I replaced my B6 SCSM with: 8E0 953 549 R

I modified my new airbag harness: 4F0 971 589 A

Here's what wiring change I made. Coming from the yellow airbag harness I cut wires 5&6 near the pins. I then soldered & merged those wires with 3&4. So coming from the yellow harness wire pins 3+5 are wired together & 4+6 are wired together going to the dual stage air bag.

So now I can't get rid of my Airbag light and I can't seem to recode my ABS module. I got the one for recalibrating the steering angle sensor from Ross-Tech's web site, but it doens't want to work like there instructions say because I get an error.

Here's the my codes:

VAG-COM Version: Release 607.0-UD

Control Module Part Number: 8E0 959 655 K
Component and/or Version: Airbag 8.4EP 1001
Software Coding: 0010607
Work Shop Code: WSC 63351
1 Fault Found:
00588 - Airbag Igniter; Driver Side (N95)
001 - Upper Limit Exceeded - MIL ON

I must not have copied & pasted the fault codes for the ABS module. But they were pretty much saying that ABS module was incorrectly coded and steering angle sensor.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
todd1010 said:
I replaced my B6 S/C with: 4E0 953 541 B

I replaced my B6 SCSM with: 8E0 953 549 R

I modified my new airbag harness: 4F0 971 589 A

Here's what wiring change I made. Coming from the yellow airbag harness I cut wires 5&6 near the pins. I then soldered & merged those wires with 3&4. So coming from the yellow harness wire pins 3+5 are wired together & 4+6 are wired together going to the dual stage air bag.

So now I can't get rid of my Airbag light and I can't seem to recode my ABS module. I got the one for recalibrating the steering angle sensor from Ross-Tech's web site, but it doens't want to work like there instructions say because I get an error.

Here's the my codes:

VAG-COM Version: Release 607.0-UD

Control Module Part Number: 8E0 959 655 K
Component and/or Version: Airbag 8.4EP 1001
Software Coding: 0010607
Work Shop Code: WSC 63351
1 Fault Found:
00588 - Airbag Igniter; Driver Side (N95)
001 - Upper Limit Exceeded - MIL ON

I must not have copied & pasted the fault codes for the ABS module. But they were pretty much saying that ABS module was incorrectly coded and steering angle sensor.
You have exactly the opposite fault I had in my first installation. This means that you have your Airbag disconnected. So you have to check if you have swapped the only two pins powered in the famous yellow connector rear the ring. In fact new connector has 4 pins but you have only 2 pins powered. I suggest to control with an instrument what pins you connected with the single ignitor.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you know the part number for that "famous yellow harness"?

I left the pins in the little yellow connector that plugs into the new S/C ring. I just removed the top part of the yellow harness and left the pins where they were already. It seems to fit fine other than it is a little loose. I managed to get it to stay. Essentially the pins are in the same order as they were.

Are you saying that I'll need to swap those pins around in that little yellow harness? Or could I have done the reverse of what you say in cutting the 5&6 wires, I could have cut wires 3&4 and wired them with 5&6 like this: 3+5 and 4+6?

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TeddyBGame said:
did you check the part#'s on Lee's site?

look at the "Audi Pin's" document.
I didn't see the little yellow part number or anything that resembled it, in his document.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Just to clarify did you changed the ignitor yellow connector (Not the big one with 2 rows of pins of the Airbag harness) who fits behind the S/C ring? If yours perfectly fits with new S/C ring you have only a possibility :there is a mistake in what you have done before the front connection with pins 3+5 and 4+6. :( :( :(
Let me know if you have solved the problem.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
a4ss4abt said:
Just to clarify did you changed the ignitor yellow connector (Not the big one with 2 rows of pins of the Airbag harness) who fits behind the S/C ring? If yours perfectly fits with new S/C ring you have only a possibility :there is a mistake in what you have done before the front connection with pins 3+5 and 4+6. :( :( :(

No I didn't change it as I wasn't sure what part I needed. I know what I need but I don't know a part number.

Can you get the part number I need? What did you do exactly at that connector? I know there are 4 pins reading 3,4,5,6, but only 2 of them are used which are pins 3 & 4.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was also emailed this from Ross Tech on how to calibrate the steering angle sensor and recode the ABS module. I tried it but it didn't clear anything yet, but they told me to download the latest software 607.2 and give it a try.

I'll post this for future reference.

With the ignition on, but the engine not running:

[Select]
[03 - ABS Brakes]
[Login - 11]
Enter ?????
[Do It!]
Make sure you don't get a Dropped Session message and that the cursor on
the top left keeps spinning.
[Recode - 07]
Enter the appropriate Recode value of ?????. Put in a WSC (anything will
work, try 12345). It can NOT be left as all zeros.
[Do It!]
Again, make sure the cursor is still spinning. Do NOT exit out of the
controller yet.

If the above is not successful, try it with the engine running.

Next, do the steering angle sensor calibration:

[Login - 11]
Enter ?????
[Do It!]
[Basic Settings - 04]
Group 001
[Go!]

This will store the zero (centered) position of the steering wheel.
There should be a displayed message that reads: "Steer. angle sender
compens OK". If you get an error, it may mean the Login was not
successfully performed.

Click the [Done, Go Back] button and you're all set.

Where the "?" (Question marks) are will be different for you car. You'll need to run a full system scan first before trying this so you will know your soft coding number and other information.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
todd1010 said:
a4ss4abt said:

No I didn't change it as I wasn't sure what part I needed. I know what I need but I don't know a part number.

Can you get the part number I need? What did you do exactly at that connector? I know there are 4 pins reading 3,4,5,6, but only 2 of them are used which are pins 3 & 4.
In my car that connector didn't fits in new S/C ring so I have been obliged to change it with the new one with four wires and there I left disconnected 5 and 6 cause the signal from Airbag came only in 3/4. But if you have just tested the car I imagine that you have the right connector otherwise it was impossible to connect the airbag with the ignitor.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
For ABS recoding procedure I made exactly what Ross-Tech mailed you but with the engine on and the righjt login is arrived in 2/3 attempts. -After the ABS recoding I made the steering angle sensor calibration immediatly without any problem.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah that yellow connector didn't fit the new S/C ring either. I basically took apart the top section of that yellow harness and then it would actually fit in there but it was loose and would come out. I managed to fit it in there with some electrical tape, but I'd rather have the correct harness.

I will have to try and look to see if it may have come loose. But I know that the wires coming to that yellow connector, pins 3&4 were connected.

Did you make any changes to that part of the wiring?

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
a4ss4abt said:
For ABS recoding procedure I made exactly what Ross-Tech mailed you but with the engine on and the righjt login is arrived in 2/3 attempts. -After the ABS recoding I made the steering angle sensor calibration immediatly without any problem.
The recoding of the ABS will recode but then on exit and then return it quickly goes back to all zeros 00000?

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
todd1010 said:
Yeah that yellow connector didn't fit the new S/C ring either. I basically took apart the top section of that yellow harness and then it would actually fit in there but it was loose and would come out. I managed to fit it in there with some electrical tape, but I'd rather have the correct harness.

I will have to try and look to see if it may have come loose. But I know that the wires coming to that yellow connector, pins 3&4 were connected.

OOHHH now I understand why do you have the lamp on. You tried to connect the cables without the right connector. THis means that you have to run to your dealer and buy the right one. I'm sorry but I don't know the part number because my Audi dealer checked whit Etka and found it immediatly. At this moment here is night tomorrow I can ask the part number.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
a4ss4abt said:
todd1010 said:

OOHHH now I understand why do you have the lamp on. You tried to connect the cables without the right connector. THis means that you have to run to your dealer and buy the right one. I'm sorry but I don't know the part number because my Audi dealer checked whit Etka and found it immediatly. At this moment here is night tomorrow I can ask the part number.

I'm real sure that's my problem is that harness. As soon as you can get me that part number I'll order one. Would this be the reason why every light is on in my car? I've never seen this many light lite up.

I've got an AIRBAG, ESP, ABS, & BRAKE (blinking) lights all on right now. Its driving me crazy that I can't get rid of them

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
todd1010 said:
a4ss4abt said:
The recoding of the ABS will recode but then on exit and then return it quickly goes back to all zeros 00000?
This means the login was not accepted.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
todd1010 said:
a4ss4abt said:
todd1010 said:

I'm real sure that's my problem is that harness. As soon as you can get me that part number I'll order one. Would this be the reason why every light is on in my car? I've never seen this many light lite up.

I've got an AIRBAG, ESP, ABS, & BRAKE (blinking) lights all on right now. Its driving me crazy that I can't get rid of them
It's perfectly normal because you don't have coded nothing. For me it it was the same and I had 2 hours of crisis but finally you will win the war with the lamps.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I forgot to ask you if the new multifunction wheel is working because also without coding my functions was actives.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
a4ss4abt said:
I forgot to ask you if the new multifunction wheel is working because also without coding my functions was actives.
Yes my MFSW is functional and working great other than ALL of those lights blinking and beeping at me.

So after getting this little yellow harness and connecting it and once all of my ABS module is recoded along with the steering sensor, will this rid me of my lights?

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
todd1010 said:
a4ss4abt said:
Yes my MFSW is functional and working great other than ALL of those lights blinking and beeping at me.

So after getting this little yellow harness and connecting it and once all of my ABS module is recoded along with the steering sensor, will this rid me of my lights?
Yessssssssssssssss, I'm always waiting a call from my dealer for that part number, in the meantime you can recode ABS because the new connector affects only airbag lamp

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Like I said when I try and recode the ABS module, it will code and the return to all 00000 after a quick exit and return.

When I get that new connector, what did you do exactly? Did you have to extract the pin? Was it a mangle job or do the pins come out very easily? And did you change the pins around, as I believe pins 3&4 are connected now.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.