Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to change the default map scale, while using the 3D display settings, and not without active route guidance??

Mine defaults to 900 ft unless I enter the map side menu, in which case I can make temporary adjustments to the scale. It does revert back to the default once I leave the side menu.

There are many times that I want to change the scale to see more detail, yet don't have a route stored, and don't want to stay in the side menu because the vehicle indicator travels off the map.

Thoughts??

·
Registered
258 Posts
just turn the big wheel when not in route guidance (while its a plain map view with nothing selected on the right hand menu) it will stay that way.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
You can actually turn the MMi knob at any time and it will change the scale of the main map. I do that all the time because here in the US you see the little streets up to the 600ft scale but to know where you really are I scsale it up to 2 miles or more and back down to 600ft to see each intersection.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I prefer the 300ft scale since it still shows the small passages on the highways that cops can use for speed traps. 250ft or 150ft scale do not give enough warning, and any larger than 300ft scale and you lose the info about those hiding spots. It is suprisingly accurate for most of the highways I have traveled.

Of course, the radar detector is still the primary, but it is nice to know there is a potential speed trap around the bend...

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
I leave mine at 50m (150ft) scale, except when I get stuck in a traffic queue when I enlarge the scale to search out a suitable "rat run"!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.