Audi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been told that the sound quality is poor from my audi bluetooth kit.

I attempted to recode the adaption setting

#77 Adaptation 10
-> Channel 131 (Microphone Sensitivity)
000 - 0dB (no increase/decrease)
001 - +1dB increase
002 - +2dB increase
003 - +3dB increase
004 - +4dB increase
005 - +5dB increase
006 - +6dB increase
128 - -1dB decrease
129 - -2dB decrease
130 - -3dB decrease
131 - -4dB decrease
132 - -5dB decrease
133 - -6dB decrease

I only get option of 0-6 and if i have it at anything other than 0 the phone module stops working, which makes me think its not channel 131.

Any idea's what the problem may be..??

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
Microphone works fine for me with default settings, no comments from callers at all.

Are you using the genuine Audi microphone, mounted in the factory position?

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
Looking on the openobd.de website it suggests that channel 134 is also for microphone sensitivity adjustment.

May be worth trying?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I too have poor sound quality from the retrofit OEM bluetooth - so far. I've tried playing with the gain settings but not much improvement. All other phone features work fine.

I have a 2004 Cabriolet (RHD) where the microphone is mounted on the LEFT hand side of the overhead light. I wonder is this a contributory factor in the poor sound as obviously this location puts it nearer the passenger side than the driver's in a right hand drive car!!

Also, I notice that the OEM mic (part number as listed on the forum here) is marked with a white sticker saying 'linkslenker' - which of course is 'left hand drive' in German - with an arrow for orientating it in the direction of the driver.

Is there a RHD specific mic part number or how have all you other RHD guys fitted it to get it to work properly? I'd appreciate some feedback.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts