Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Anybody know if and how you can "tune" the average speeds on different road the Navi software uses to calculate the ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival)?

It is very annoying, because my RNS-E is almost ALWAYS too optimistic about the ETA, so on the end of a trip I am always stressing whether I will be on time or not. It seems it assumes you have a free ride, without traffic lights, and can average on the maximum allowed speed the whole time! this is very unrealistic.

Even on my Tom Tom I can adjust these kind of settings, so hopefully this is possible in the RNS=E too!

TIA

regards,

S4udibert

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
To be honest I was suprised how accurate RNS-E ETA is. I tested thi sfeature few times (once on 2000K miles trip) and 99% it was accurate.

I doubt that you will be able to adjust this feature because ETA in RNS-E is pretty much automatic. It combines information of your current speed (V-signal) with average speed and data from GPS. Most of regular navigations would mix only average speed with curent position, that's why they offer adjustment for average speed data. They are not connected to the car speed sensor, that's why they offer additional adjustment,

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I agree that my ETA is always surprisingly correct. Even sometimes when I think "I'm going to beat that time"... I always end up within about 2 minutes of what it has told me the entire trip.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
My ETA is always pessimistic!

The ETA at the beginning of a journey, and right up to the last quarter of an hour, is always 10 minutes LATER than I actually arrive.

As to how the RNS-E arrives at the average speeds it uses, I have no idea. At first I thought it used the average speed from the trip computer to adjust it's default values, but I disproved that by zeroing the trip computer before enabling route guidance without it affecting it's idea of ETA.

·
Registered
11 Posts
S4udibert said:
Hi all,

It is very annoying, because my RNS-E is almost ALWAYS too optimistic about the ETA, so on the end of a trip I am always stressing whether I will be on time or not. It seems it assumes you have a free ride, without traffic lights, and can average on the maximum allowed speed the whole time! this is very unrealistic.

TIA
Have you change your tyres to a lower profile or larger wheels without consider the tyre sidewall??? Maybe this is the problem in case you don't have change the tyre values with VAG-COM.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yiannis said:
S4udibert said:
Hi all,

TIA
Have you change your tyres to a lower profile or larger wheels without consider the tyre sidewall??? Maybe this is the problem in case you don't have change the tyre values with VAG-COM.
Thanks for all the replies. My S4 is totally original in tyres/wheels/etc, but I think I know what to do in response to all your posts: I have to drive faster and use more than 2nd gear only! :twisted:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts