Audi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang,

I've connected XM 8E0 035 595 E to my factory Nav+ system. So I click on Satellite radio and give me some garbage saying that adding satellite radio is a simple add-on and to contact my Audi dealership.

I took a look at the can bus to see if I need to move it over one... but there's no plug to move it over to.

I was wondering, do I need to use the VAG tool to get it noticed by the Nav+?

Any help would be great.

P.S. my audi Canadian 2006 B7 Avant with Nav+ (without XM from the factory), if that means anything

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
I assume that your car was prewired for XM. If so ....then your SAT radio is pluged into CDC connector of RNS-E adapter. You will just need to change coding for Nav with VAG.

In STG 56 (or 37) last 2 digits are responsible for your tuner/radio

0xxxx?x: Options I
1 - default
2 - Digital-Radio
3 - Satelite-Radio
4 - Satelite- and Digital-Radio

0xxxxx?: Options II
1 - default
2 - TV-Tuner
3 - CD-Changer
4 - TV-Tuner and CD-Changer
5 - Multifunction Steering Wheel
6 - TV-Tuner and Multifunction Steering Wheel
7 - CD-Changer and Multifunction Steering Wheel
8 - TV-Tuner, CD-Changer und Multifunction Steering Wheel

once it is changed be sure that your SAT tuner is activated.
You will need to read XM activation code from display and call XM to give it to them for activation.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Don't know if this has changed in the B7 but in the B6 you had to move a plug which terminates the CAN going to the SAT receiver. Check the PDF mentioned at the end of this AW DYI, it shows where to find the plug an dhow to move it. Without CAN the RNS-E won't find the SAT receiver and displays the same message as it would not be installed.

http://www.audiworld.com/tech/elec121.shtml

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AudiA4B6US said:
Don't know if this has changed in the B7 but in the B6 you had to move a plug which terminates the CAN going to the SAT receiver. Check the PDF mentioned at the end of this AW DYI, it shows where to find the plug an dhow to move it. Without CAN the RNS-E won't find the SAT receiver and displays the same message as it would not be installed.

Like I said before, I tried to move it one over, but there is no plug to plug it into... there is just a empty space. I'm thinking I have to get a VAG tool get it noticed by my nav+ system.

Thanks for the heads up though :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
goodfela said:
AudiA4B6US said:

Like I said before, I tried to move it one over, but there is no plug to plug it into... there is just a empty space. I'm thinking I have to get a VAG tool get it noticed by my nav+ system.

Thanks for the heads up though :)
HAHAHA... I was having a blonde moment :D I was looking at the wrong side :) ... I was looking at the driver's side, when I should have been looking at the passenger side.

Sorry about that :)

Hey, XM sound great in the A4!!!! Too bad the song title doesn't show up on the DIS/DIC.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts