Audi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just purchased a 2018 A3 E-Tron Sportback. The original window sticker says that it is a Premium Plus edition, but the MMI looks to be the basic model. It does not have Navigation or Apple CarPlay. (Nav button on the steering wheel says Navigation not installed when pressed.)

Is there any way to upgrade the MMI to one that has Apple CarPlay? Not sure if there are any aftermarket options or possibly purchasing an upgraded Audi-branded MMI from an online (junkyard) reseller on like eBay. I honestly don't even know what I would need to purchase. Any help or advise would be appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
In addition to my previous post, I did some more digging on this forum and found this device.

Has anyone used one of these? Does it work? Would love some feedback before I drop $550 on it.

Thank you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I just purchased a 2018 A3 E-Tron Sportback. The original window sticker says that it is a Premium Plus edition, but the MMI looks to be the basic model. It does not have Navigation or Apple CarPlay. (Nav button on the steering wheel says Navigation not installed when pressed.)

Is there any way to upgrade the MMI to one that has Apple CarPlay? Not sure if there are any aftermarket options or possibly purchasing an upgraded Audi-branded MMI from an online (junkyard) reseller on like eBay. I honestly don't even know what I would need to purchase. Any help or advise would be appreciated. Thank you.
We purchased a 2017 A3 Sportback e-tron and also chose the Premium Plus edition. We have navigation and Apple CarPlay, but our MMI was only available for 6 months before we had to pay as much as our cell phones cost per month to keep it operational, so we cancelled it. We still have navigation and CarPlay, even though we can not use the rest of MMI's capabilities. We are NOT unhappy, because we never used any of the MMI capabilities. These were easily available via our iPhones without any of the hassles of the poor MMI user interface. Our iPhones are updated way more often than MMI ever was. Our maps have not been updated after we used our only map update within the first 6 months of owning the car.

We like the car very much, but do not care about missing MMI. You should still have navigation and CarPlay, unless the seller did not tell you the truth about the model version.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts