Audi Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello!i am almost ready installing an rns e in my audi s3(pevious model 8L)!

although i do not know which adapter to buy!

first of all the problem is with the speakers!my car has no bose!

it only has two front speakers powered directly fronm concert2 and two rear and a subwoofer with a little amplifier!

do i have to buy a bose adaptor or not?

how can i program my car in order for the speakers to work?

as my car has can bus,kufatec says that i do not have to take gala from cluster!as i read in this forum i have to!what i have to do?

please help me....!!!!

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
You have to get an adapter for a passive front and active rear system. This way the adapter should come with plugs for both front speaker and the line out signals for the rear speaker. Since you don't have Bose, you won't need the Bose pin wired either (which would only disable the internal amp for the front speakers). Make sure that you connect the K wire to allow proper coding.

Even if you have CAN you still need the speed wire and code your RNS-E for an A6. Your car does not have the speed signal over CAN and the A6 coding is the only coding that support a discrete speed wire.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AudiA4B6US said:
You have to get an adapter for a passive front and active rear system. This way the adapter should come with plugs for both front speaker and the line out signals for the rear speaker. Since you don't have Bose, you won't need the Bose pin wired either (which would only disable the internal amp for the front speakers). Make sure that you connect the K wire to allow proper coding.

Even if you have CAN you still need the speed wire and code your RNS-E for an A6. Your car does not have the speed signal over CAN and the A6 coding is the only coding that support a discrete speed wire.

where can i buy this adapter?

which is the code i have to use in my car?

thank you!!!

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Where are you located?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Kufatec.de should have the adapter you need, conexx-electronics.de have them as well. Or search on ebay.de and contact the sellers there. Do you have any adapter that you could modify? Most parts are available from Audi as well and it might be easier to modify an adapter based on NSX Jr's diagram.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AudiA4B6US said:
Kufatec.de should have the adapter you need, conexx-electronics.de have them as well. Or search on ebay.de and contact the sellers there. Do you have any adapter that you could modify? Most parts are available from Audi as well and it might be easier to modify an adapter based on NSX Jr's diagram.
thank you for all the information!

do you also know the code in order to work correct all the speakers?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Take whatever sounds best, it's the EQ settings depended on the car. With a Bose system the Bose amp does the EQ but without Bose the head unit has some control. You could co with the A3 setting, assuming it's a similar sized car.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
AudiA4B6US said:
Take whatever sounds best, it's the EQ settings depended on the car. With a Bose system the Bose amp does the EQ but without Bose the head unit has some control. You could co with the A3 setting, assuming it's a similar sized car.

THANK YOU!!! :D :D :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is just to warn anyboby who intends to shop at www.kufatec.de, especially for international shipments.
I'm currently having a case since more than 2 months now where I have paid everything in advance and never received their parcel which happened to be lost by the carrier. I have provided them with all the proof of non receipt they have requested, and it is now 6 weeks that they keep telling me that they are waiting for detailed delivery report from the carrier. Every time I call them, they confirm that my parts have been newly shipped but nothing has arrived yet.
This people are just not serious and I can only recommend you not to try it.

Just have a look at that thread :
http://www.navplus.us/forum/viewtopic.php?highlight=kufatec&t=503

·
Registered
59 Posts
I think it is a bit unfair to warn people away from kufatec as there are lots of happy customers. I feel sorry for you not getting the product you ordered. It happened to me once with a TV I ordered.

I would contact them and ask for the tracking number and contact the courier yourself. I would then contact the credit card company to force a refund.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Richardi,

I'm sorry I had to that but Kufatec has pushed me to such a point that I had no other choice to make them react.
I didn't want to tell all the details of my long story with them but you would be very disappointed about their reputation, offering good product is one thing and bringing a minimum customer service is another thing.
Of course I've asked for the tracking Nr to proove them that I did not receive the parcel that this was not sufficient to them, payment was made through Paypal so there was no possibility to ask for refund.
However today I strangely received an answer from them confirming that they had shipped my goods again. This has finally taken them more then 6 weeks to make investigation to their carrier.

Regards

·
Registered
530 Posts
richardi734 I don't think it is unfair to warn people away from Kufatec at all. I've got no doubt that there are happy customers out there but there are also very unhappy customers that should be able to voice their opinions.

I am in the same boat as banania - I ordered some parts (RNS-E wiring harness and bluetooth cabling) 64 days ago (3rd August) for an install and they have still not arrived. Meanwhile I have had the other parts sitting in my study gathering dust..

I have contacted Kufatec many times and they have promised that the cables would arrive by certain dates that have come and gone. I have also contacted the shipping agents (both in Germany and in Australia) with no success.

Finally I've decided that enough is enough and I have disputed the transaction with my credit card company.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.