Audi Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Have you checked your PM? I sent you a link to a compressor at 300 euro from a very good seller in Germany.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Neo,

Having ordered the fitting kit (the set of rubber bushes), the valve block to compressor pipe and the J403 relay... it turns out that the Audi dealer has not been entirely truthful! Despite saying that the quoted £1700+tax was the cost of the compressor, it now seems it is actually the cost of the compressor AND a new valve block.

My question is this... is replacement of the valve block possible without using VAS to first depressurise and then re-pressurise the suspension system?

I have seen that some people have carefully disconnected hoses from the valve block to let the air out to change the valve block and the system has run the compressor automatically after the valve block is replaced - but I note the Audi technical manual requires VAS is used to "drain" and "refill" the system?

Thanks in advance,

Jon

·
Registered
19 Posts
Neo,

Having ordered the fitting kit (the set of rubber bushes), the valve block to compressor pipe and the J403 relay... it turns out that the Audi dealer has not been entirely truthful! Despite saying that the quoted £1700+tax was the cost of the compressor, it now seems it is actually the cost of the compressor AND a new valve block.

My question is this... is replacement of the valve block possible without using VAS to first depressurise and then re-pressurise the suspension system?

I have seen that some people have carefully disconnected hoses from the valve block to let the air out to change the valve block and the system has run the compressor automatically after the valve block is replaced - but I note the Audi technical manual requires VAS is used to "drain" and "refill" the system?

Thanks in advance,

Jon
Hi,

I am getting a similar error in 34 module:

01577 - Turn-Off due to Over-Temp
001 - Upper Limit Exceeded - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00100001
Fault Priority: 6
Fault Frequency: 2
Reset counter: 44
Mileage: 62807 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2011.03.18
Time: 20:23:28

I get only this unique error by now. The suspension failure yellow light (dash board) never has shown yet. No driving problems and no suspension leak when the car is parked a week.

When I reset the error I get it after 1 hour riding, usually at dynamic setup.

Apparently, the error first appear after audi worshop revision (oil change). Maybe they forgot to disconnect air suspension while lifting the car to empty oil. Could this damage the compressor or the system ?

Should I start by changing J403 air-suspension relay ? Is this a common failure ?

Which channel did you traced to see compressor working cycles and temperature ?

I would appreciate if you could explain the final of this story, because it seems I will be following the same way.

Thanks in advance

Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
it seems like i am sitting with same problem on my 2007 Q7, the front suspension was normal and the rear one was abnormally low as i got the orange and green warning lights both of whom were flashing. I booked it in for a full diagnostic test and was told that the compressor is probably faulty. whe i booked it in, only the rear had a problem but for purposes of proper check, i am told that the front was also deflated and has since remained deflated. the MMI is showing everything working perfectly, it is just that the suspension does not want to the selected position instead remain flashing both warning lights indicating that it is too low. please help Ntate Neo

·
Registered
595 Posts
William, is hard for me form an oppinion without having a diagnostic of your car. If you can post a scan of the suspension errors ill have a look. When an axle is deflated can be a leak of the pipe system, the compressor or one of the height sensors.
Adaptive air suspension is quite easy to diagnostic if you have the right tools.

·
Registered
3 Posts
thanks very much Neo, i have placed an order for the new kompressor, my only problem is that what i am relating is a result from the dealership and am worried that should the diagnosis be incomplete then chances are that the problem could be something else. i am intending going back to the dealer to get a copy of the diagnostic test that informed their decision that my kompressor is the reason for the non functioning of the system, however i must indicate that your selfless assistance is always appreciated

·
Registered
36 Posts
Guys, I need your help... What could happend? I have changed oil in my A6 12/2005 with adaptive air suspension 2 days ago. As I have read before, I used jacking mode and lifted car up. Everything went fine. After change oil, I drove the car about 50 km. Today I came home and noticed that front axle is down. So I turned ignition on and both indicators (yellow and green) related to air suspension stayed light on - not flashing. So I used CAR button on MMI and put the car to the highest level and then back to comfort mode. Now, few hours later, I went back to the car and left front wheel was down again, but only green LED was on. Is anything wrong?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Maybe I´m worried about it too much, I found in manual right now that due to outside temperature, right now is about -16 degrees of celsium, the parked vehicle height can be changed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had problems two years ago at this time with the airsuspension on my Q7. I could remove the fault by parking in a warm garage. The problem was water in the system, which froze. Audi supplyed a new compressor and some other parts since they all had traces of moisture.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Ufclassified
Problem in your car is -air leak in level system .
It don't buy part before full diagnosis .
I have experence with new not sold Q7 { air level system .}
Error causes :
Incorrectly Turned down air pipe in front air accumulator.
Check all air pipes in :
-front accumulator
-luggage compartment accumulator
-suspension strut

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all , i have exactly the same problem with 01577 ( no level sensor error on the display though) but all my air suspension seems to be fine with no fault in all 4 suspension (tried with the suspension button) i also run ouput test with vcds and all seems to be fine or I dont understand the test at all ?

I read on wiki rosstech that it could be cause by headlight range control? How do i really know if its the leak, the compressor or the headlight range control?

I start having 01577 fault code when i have code 01276, (esp, abs and level sensor light on when driving on certain speed). i fixed 01276 just today by chnaging the abs ecu, however the 01577 remains

Hope i get some idea soon

·
Registered
595 Posts
0157 is not an actual error is just a notification that compressor was overheated due to many changes of the ride level, can happen if you set your car at DYNAMIC and drive at about 100 kmh and not more.
According to the Audi Service Procedure, this error must not be addressed in any way as long as there is no other malfunction indication in the suspension system.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi neo thanks for the promptmreplynas always,

So, are you saying that i should just leave it as is as long as there is no fault to be seen in the suspension sytem?

·
Registered
595 Posts
yes, if you look at the error posted at this line "Fault Frequency: 2" you will see it happened only twice. so nothing to worry.
Compressor is overheating and triggers this error when there is a leak in the pressure system so it has to run longer, but there is another error which must be present in this case as the system can no longer keep the selected ride height.
In your case, as you have only 0157 there is no problem present.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts