Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UPDATE
Thanks to you all concerned raised here, I sincerely appreciate all who contributed to this thread I really appreciate your help, I decided to run the car report, luckily I found this site I want to share it with you guys " VIN CHECK " (They gave me good price and discount) So I found the auction records the car was sold for $5900! and there's photos of damage on this vehicle, Please have a look and give me your thought on this, is this serious, it's better to avoid it? Give me your suggestion guys

Here is the link to the report: Get Instant Vehicle History Report

Hello everyone - Hope this is in the right place
Thanks for creating this awesome forum and meeting the wonderful people here. I am looking to get a 2013 Audi a4 quattro vehicle and I am looking to the community to check if there is anything I should be looking out for while doing my inspection.

They asking price is $8000 and it has 115000 miles with a Salvage Title.
If you guys have any suggestions on what to check.
Looking forward to joining this family, thanks
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

Vehicle Gear shift Speedometer Car Automotive lighting

Automotive parking light Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

·
Registered
2014 A5 Premium Plus Cabriolet Quattro 2.0T
52 Posts
The #1 question is, why the salvage title; then have a very close look at whatever relates to that circumstance. Earlier 2.0T engines than my late-2014 were prone to cam-chain-tensioner problems, and oil consumption issues due to weak piston rings - you'll want to check that that either has already been repaired via overhaul, or your engine was built later than the point at which improved designs were incorporated. Look up the car's engine type, a 4-letter code on the white build sticker. My car has a "CPMB" engine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The #1 question is, why the salvage title; then have a very close look at whatever relates to that circumstance. Earlier 2.0T engines than my late-2014 were prone to cam-chain-tensioner problems, and oil consumption issues due to weak piston rings - you'll want to check that that either has already been repaired via overhaul, or your engine was built later than the point at which improved designs were incorporated. Look up the car's engine type, a 4-letter code on the white build sticker. My car has a "CPMB" engine.
Thanks for your suggestion, I think I'm going to get the Carfax and share it with you guys soon. I don't wanna have headache later on

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UPDATE
Thanks to you all concerned raised here, I sincerely appreciate all who contributed to this thread I really appreciate your help, I decided to run the car report, luckily I found this site I want to share it with you guys " VIN CHECK " (They gave me good price and discount) So I found the auction records the car was sold for $5900! and there's photos of damage on this vehicle, Please have a look and give me your thought on this, is this serious, it's better to avoid it? Give me your suggestion guys

Here is the link to the report: Get Instant Vehicle History Report
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Tire Wheel

·
Registered
2014 A5 Premium Plus Cabriolet Quattro 2.0T
52 Posts
I can't tell whether this car is supposed to have all these things, but systems I can think of which might not be up to snuff after a crash like that are: a/c, radiator, both cooling fans, turbo intercooler, ambient temperature sensor, headlight washers, steerable headlights, snow filter on the air intake, fog lights, low and high beam headlights, parking lights, DRL lights, hood latch, all the baffles that correctly direct air through the radiator and condenser, the belly pan under the engine, taillights, brake lights, rear fog lights, center brake light, backup lights, backup camera, central locking of trunk, trunk latch, airbag sensors. Others can probably think of lots I'm forgetting. On the other hand, I'm mentioning some stuff that isn't installed on low line A4s and/or you don't care about.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts