Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just bought a 2005 A8, and found that the phone connection installed is the Audi "hands free" phone. This basically uses a SIM reader to interface with the MMI, and also has a handset that is connected via bluetooth.
I need to connect my phone(s) via bluetooth to the MMI, so I can use all the contact data I have on the phone, so the setup supplied is not what I want!
It seems that the MMI base station can only be seen by the supplied handset, and not accessed by other bluetooth devices.
Does anyone know of a way that I can connect my phone directly to the MMI?
Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Nick

·
Registered
92 Posts
I think your only option is to install the new bluetooth module that works with any bluetooth phones.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got a Nov 05 A6, with the same bluetooth handset fitted.

My phone can see and connect with the base unit int he car, but after that nothing.

After talking with an Audi tech at the local dealership, it seems that if you have the motorola bluetooth handset fitted, the base unit in the car is tied to that handset and does not want to play with other BT phones.

I don't know if it's possible to remove this handset and then retofit a BT adaptor, and I would be interested if it were possible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts