Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have someone interested in buying my unit. Thing is they have a 2001 A8. Will it work and how hard is it gonna be??

Thanks

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Check the quick links and you will find at least one story about an S8.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I beleive the only quick link is for a 2002 model. I wonder if a 2001 falls in the same catagory.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
What kind of radio do you have? Is yours already a facelift A8 or still the older model? If it's a facelift it will be pretty straight forward. If it's the older model you may have to deal with the same issue the A4 B5 and older A6 C5 guys.

·
Registered
996 Posts
if it's a 2001 D2 A8...then it is a prefacelift. You will have some clock and ETA issues...that can be easily corrected with Bjarne's CANgate device.

You can get the CANbus wires from behind the instrument cluster. See www.audipages.com for some background. This is Paul Waterloo's website.

Also, the color of the RNS-E will be slighly different than the color of your climate control faceplate. Not a big deal.

The larger issue is faceplate fitment. You might need to do some dremel work to make it fit better.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
My car was a 2001 S8 facelifted. Facelift started at 2000 on the A8/S8.

No issues with the clock at all as we have 4 A8/S8's in the UK that I have done all with perfect timing.

The one thing we could never get to work was the colour DIS, it just displays blank for directions, but is perfect for Radio stations etc.

Craig

1 - 7 of 7 Posts