Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone iam new to this forum i heard about u guys from audizine. i would like to install a navi in my car and the ppl on AZ said a navi from a A6 will work how do i go about installing one of these. and will it still be able to work with my phatbox?

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
The navi from an old style (C5) A6 will work in an A4 but it won't fit physically - the faceplates are a different size and shape.

The navi from a new style A6 (C6) will NOT work in an A4 - the C6 A6 navi is MOST based and will not work in an A4. Period.

To answer your question properly we need to know more about your car and what you want to fit.

1) Is your A4 a B5 or a B6?

2) Are you talking a CD based sat nav (an RNS-D) or a DVD based sat nav (an RNS-E).

Here's your options:

If you have a B6 A4, then you should get an A4 version of the sat nav (either RNS-D or RNS-E).

If you have a B5 A4 and want to fit an RNS-D then you should get an A4 RNS-D.

If you have a B5 A4 and want to fit an RNS-E then the best fit is an A6 RNS-E - but you WILL have to modify the faceplate to fit.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
In the US a 2001 A4 is a B5/8D and in this case a 4B0 RNS from the A6 C5 would fit somehow. I fit's already a A4 B6/8E then the 4B0 RNS won't fit at all. But PetrolDave is right, if you are looking for an RNS-D then those 8D0 are the ones you are looking for.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
tonelee1316 said:
it a b5 and the navi that i am getting is a navi plus part # 4b0, sorry
But is it an RNS-D (CD based, 2 knobs one either side of the display), or an RNS-E (DVD based, one big knob to the right of the display)?

They are both called Audi Navigation System Plus - just to confuse!!!

For a B5 - if it's an RNS-D you've got the wrong part, if it's an RNS-E you've got the "best fit" part.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts