Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
New to this, i have a Uk Reg March 2005 A6
I have the MMI with the Red Screen and I want to change it for a colour screen.Is this possible as Audi dealer wont give a straight answer and just keeps saying it would not be viable. Can anyone help ?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Last time I check on a German forum they said it's about an 12 hour task where most of the cars interiour has to get removed and the new parts were running in the 8000 Euro range. It might be more cost effective to buy a new Audi.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I have briefly looked into this for people, 3 things spring to mind, trim for the dash and the cage to carry the display as they are different sizes.

Next the display controller, under the dash, you would need a colour one, and finally the display itself.

If you have CD navigation which is MMI basic, you would probably need to swap for DVD, new amp, radio module etc as currently most of this is housed in the CD navigation unit in the glovebox if you have one.

So, not cheap, I think I got to around £3k from Audi and a lot of labour to rewire the car manually.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Dirk is right,

You would be better of to swap the car at your dealership.
MMI is not that easy as RNS-E and you could run to more trouble during reinstalations.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.