Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My father is buying a 55 (2005)plate A6 with MMI (7†colour screen), and I have a few questions.

1. What is the latest version of the MMI software for the A6, and how is this updated?
2. Is there any links for coding of the MMI system
3. I was thinking about the Dension Gateway 500 for the IPod, but can the MMI interface control the Ipod
4. I have heard that Audi also make an IPod interface, but is this better than the Denison and can it the Audi unit be retrofitted?

Thanks for any help and information

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The Audi Music Interface AMI is supposed to be a much better fit than the Dension. At least in Germany there will be an upgrade kit available in Spring 2007: http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publish/Features/printer_2601.shtml

The MMI is updated online, parts of it can be updated via CD-ROM. The version is different based on the region you live in, in Europe/Germany it's 2860. There's not much info in English about the coding but if you can read German, this might give you some ideas: http://de.openobd.org/audi/a6_4f.htm

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the information.

I will make sure they update the MMI system to the latest version before the car is collected. For some reason though the AMI system was already released.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I wasn't aware that AMI was available yet.

Maybe spring time as a retrofit, but will require an MMI upgrade.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
AMI is an option in new A6/A8/Q7, but the retrofit kit is not vailable yet.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got the version numbers for the MMI system today I take it this is well out of date

SW: C6-HU 6350 12.0.0 0513
HW C6-HU 6351D2.0

FC SW:04144AFC6AB320010
FC PS: 0010 FC HW: H03

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I think the minimum you should be upgraded to is 2120.

The Dealer TMC update will do this for you.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well the Monkey at Harrogate Audi say's the car is on the latest version :lol: :lol: So it looks like I will need your help with this. Would the latest software enable TMC?

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I'm gonna ask if I can "Borrow" the update disks.

·
Registered
260 Posts
AudiA4B6US said:
The Audi Music Interface AMI .....The MMI is updated online, parts of it can be updated via CD-ROM.....
Sorry if I ask, maybe I misunderstood but is the MMI software update available somewhere online?

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sbaffi said:
AudiA4B6US said:
The Audi Music Interface AMI .....The MMI is updated online, parts of it can be updated via CD-ROM.....
Sorry if I ask, maybe I misunderstood but is the MMI software update available somewhere online?
Some of the updates for the Audi MMI system, require updates from Audi in germany. Which can only ben done via your dealer. But some MMI updates are done via an update CD-ROM.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I have the AUDI CD P.N. 4E0 906 961 L which do the update to version 2120 if you have a fast FTP address where I can Upload the file pm. me.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I just ordered the latest update CD from Audi

AUDI CD P.N. 4E0 906 961 S (although I believe T is about)

£1.76 total cost

MMI version is 3640

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
TMC update requires the MMI update and a new DVD "AF" disk.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
craigyb said:
I just ordered the latest update CD from Audi

AUDI CD P.N. 4E0 906 961 S (although I believe T is about)

£1.76 total cost

MMI version is 3640
Oh this is what i'm searching.... my dealer is sleeping and doesn't know this version. If i could have a copy..... :( :( :(

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Tried to update the system last night, but nothing happened. I was using an CD-RW disk which I’m not sure if the drive is capable of reading, so I will try a CD-R tonight and see what happens. Also is it OK to have the Dension gateway connected during the upgrade, Or should I remove it?

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Same for me, no update with a copy disk 2120 or a factory update disk 3840. As for the Ipod interface, well if you set the switch to service mode and restart the car, you should only see the CD changer. CD1-6

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Factory Disk 3840? You was talking about version 3640....Have you already received the new update disk? :shock: :shock:

1 - 20 of 137 Posts