Audi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today I installed an audi retrofit bluetooth kit from Kufatec. About 3 hours work considering I'd never taken audi A6 C6 apart before.

Stripped the interior on the passenger side, removed the seat, glovebox, lower trim and placed the module under the seat. Cut away a lot of the foam sound proofing to allow the kit to sit properly (audi must fit different carpets if you dont buy a phone).

Connected power at the fuse box and the MOST connections, ran the mic to the roof space and recoded using VAG. Boom, all burst into life. Paired with a V3 I think and off we jolly well went.

Then it was just a case of replacing all the trim.

Craig

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think the same must apply to the foam under then A3 seats as well. Couldn't find any space under my seat for the unit. Maybe sometime I'll be brave and disconnect the wires and take the seat right out and cut some foam away.

·
Registered
117 Posts
keith-i said:
I think the same must apply to the foam under then A3 seats as well. Couldn't find any space under my seat for the unit. Maybe sometime I'll be brave and disconnect the wires and take the seat right out and cut some foam away.
I can confirm that!

There is no space under the seat, only foam which I also had to cut away to get the bt box in there.

Everything is now nicely put into place and working well.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The harness is designed to run one FO cable to the front of the car and one to the rear, then you remove the FO cable connecting front to rear and insert the phone kit in series.

Between the CD changer and Amp module.

Craig

·
Registered
50 Posts
Working on this install myself and two questions: The phone-prep fuse S16 is not live in my car, where do I take power from in the fuse box? Also, K-line is to be soldered in the glove compartment (pin 5 of CD changer), any suggestions how to handle the existing green wire going to that pin - do I remove it somehow (how is it removed safely, just by pulling?) and join the two green wires or perhaps cut the existing green wire in half and solder the new wire and the cut pieces together or something? Thanks!

·
Registered
50 Posts
mlk_05 said:
Working on this install myself and two questions: The phone-prep fuse S16 is not live in my car, where do I take power from in the fuse box? Also, K-line is to be soldered in the glove compartment (pin 5 of CD changer), any suggestions how to handle the existing green wire going to that pin - do I remove it somehow (how is it removed safely, just by pulling?) and join the two green wires or perhaps cut the existing green wire in half and solder the new wire and the cut pieces together or something? Thanks!
One more question: How to best run the MOST cable from the driver's footwell to behind the glovebox? Is there enough room behind the climate controls or what is recommended?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.