Audi Forum banner
61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Nice job craigyb! Congratulations!

I'm retrofitting MMI 3G on my 2009 A4 B8 as well, my car has Concert radio, so I do not have fiber optic. I have some questions for you, would be nice if you can help me:

I have made quadlocks adapters for new units, radio and 3g main unit, bought a new most gateway, new screen, expensive screen cable and mmi nav buttons. Also I have made the new most ring and a cable with VCC and GND for the screen.

I know i have to unplug pin10 from gateway connector (CAN Low for radio) and plug DIAG.1 signal (broken ring). And I know I have to unplug pin20 from gateway connector (Can High for radio) but I am not sure what to plug there.

Also, my 3G unit does not support bluetooth, do you know if there is a way to upgrade it to bluetooth (without sending it to kufatec).

Will I be able to code everything with VCDS? I think I will have to go the dealer to remove component protection.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
93 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Then go to this page on the menu and change this setting on 8 / 16, as shown in the picture and save.
Need to look at times, whether it works. The unit with the index XXX XXX 670 has the hands free Bluetooth profile, your number 666 has only the internal phone.

look the picture..
imgimg.de - Dein Bilderhoster zum Bilder hochladen - MainDiagnoseSettingsbearbeitetecc663c7png.png
The physically activation on internal BT/BTA (also for AMI/AUX option) modul is only possebility with direct access to EEPROM configuration with data record at 5F (i.e. need of parametrization on 5F). These function in engeneering menu only has efect to ON/OFF status on already activated BT/BTA internal modul (by analogy with addaptation channel 17 - 1/0 for BT and 17, 18 - 1/0 for BTA).

·
Registered
77 Posts
For new one or any used MMI head unit, (with PN:...666 or ...670 aways when is new) when appear a text message "Telephone is not instaled" on display, the diag function from hidden menu not effect for internal BT tel. function or BTA tel. modul activation - i.e the activation is not possible in this way, then it need of parameter setting on 5F.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Any idea on how to change wiring from CAN gateway to MOST gateway?

I know i have to unplug pin10 from gateway connector (CAN Low for radio) and plug DIAG.1 signal (broken ring signal). And I know I have to unplug pin20 from gateway connector (Can High for radio) but I am not sure what to plug there.

Any help would be apreciated

·
Registered
33 Posts
Finally, I tried my installation without plugin anything in pin20 gateway. It seems working fine until I turned ignition on it went into component protection mode.

Is it normal that in the DIS screen appears text "SAFE"?

I will go to the dealer later to remove protection mode.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Finally, I tried my installation without plugin anything in pin20 gateway. It seems working fine until I turned ignition on it went into component protection mode.

Is it normal that in the DIS screen appears text "SAFE"?

I will go to the dealer later to remove protection mode.
Yes it is...I got it 2 days after upgrading the system. Took 5 minutes in Audi to remove CP so go and do it.

·
Registered
136 Posts

The A8 is probably the hardest install of all. Especially a 2003, to make it work fully you would also require a new HVAC, can gateway, new antennas and glass for the rear.

good day Craigyb,

my A8 is MY2008. does it mean I need to change the rear window and antennas ? could you please explain ?

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
3G in an A8 for TV/DAB new glass, for FM only no new glass, adaptors needed.
3G in an A6 Avant no new glass required, but new antennas and rewiring.

·
Registered
136 Posts
rear glass in A8

3G in an A8 for TV/DAB new glass, for FM only no new glass, adaptors needed.
3G in an A6 Avant no new glass required, but new antennas and rewiring.
Craigyb,

could you please give me more details why the A8 glass needs to replaced ? is it different impedance "only" ? different fakra connector ?

is it any possbility (at least in theory) to make any interface/adaptor ?

61 - 80 of 80 Posts