Audi Forum banner
41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
There are several versions of module with and without SIM slots.

3G HDD with SIM = 670
3G HDD without SIM = 666 (with or without BT)

3G DVD version with SIM = 654
3G DVD version without SIM = 652 (with or without BT)

There are also some others that are non Navigation as well.

·
Registered
93 Posts
The part numbers are correct.
The best is the 670 with the SIM. You just need the SIM card and has a great phone with speakerphone function.

If anyone for a Bose retrofit an amplifier need for MMI 3G (A6 4F), I have another one. It must only be swapped amplifiers, speakers can remain.

·
Registered
21 Posts
There are several versions of module with and without SIM slots.

3G HDD with SIM = 670
3G HDD without SIM = 666 (with or without BT)

3G DVD version with SIM = 654
3G DVD version without SIM = 652 (with or without BT)

There are also some others that are non Navigation as well.
are these codes the same for A4 A5? 670 has bluetooth also? 666 what do you mean by "with or without bluetooth"...haw can i know if it does have bluetooth or not? How about AMI....does any of these units have AMI? For 670 the hdd is built in or is separatley?
For retrofiting MMI 3G is necessary to retrofit a sound system or not?

Thank you very much.

·
Registered
260 Posts
are these codes the same for A4 A5? 670 has bluetooth also? 666 what do you mean by "with or without bluetooth"...haw can i know if it does have bluetooth or not? How about AMI....does any of these units have AMI? For 670 the hdd is built in or is separatley?
For retrofiting MMI 3G is necessary to retrofit a sound system or not?

Thank you very much.
Not sure about the BT stuff because I am still figuring my 3G telephone out. A purple socket in the back is the one for telephone connection.

The AMI is already in the 3G unit, you need a special cable with socket from the 3G unit to the glove box and a different cable from this socket to your iPod/mp3/whatever.

If your car has
2G DSP --> 3G sound managed by the 3G radio unit alone (amplifier is in 3G radio)
2G Bose --> 3G sound managed by a 3G Bose amplifier.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
No I don't have any.... nor do I have time to write any as it's too long winded.

·
Registered
93 Posts
No I don't have any.... nor do I have time to write any as it's too long winded.
I can imagine.
so basically you need to remove/replace all your existing components:
1. LCD screen, ( Will new LCD screen fit fine in place of the old one?)
2. AM/FM radio
3. Sat radio
4. AMI
5. MMI interface
6. bluetooth
7. Bose amp

·
Registered
868 Posts
Yes everything 2G must go, and possibly the Can gateway.

I know you maybe itching to do this mod yourself, but Craig did my mod and to be honest, im glad he did because you really really have to know your Audi Onions with this.

I can imagine.
so basically you need to remove/replace all your existing components:
1. LCD screen, ( Will new LCD screen fit fine in place of the old one?)
2. AM/FM radio
3. Sat radio
4. AMI
5. MMI interface
6. bluetooth
7. Bose amp

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hi Craig,

Any news about the A6 Avant glass wiring for MMI 3G TV and DAB?
I have the same problem after upgrading to MMI 3G.
No TV and no DAB

Thank you
Hi are you referring to the aerial amplifiers or to the antenna in the windows?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yes, that's right. I have problems with the antennas in the right side window and with the back window in Avant. The wiring seems to be different
Indeed.

I spent a whole evening with ElsaWin and ETOS to figure out the differences between 2G and 3G aerials, the required part numbers and put them on paper.

If you have an Avant you do need to swap aerial amplifiers around, and to add ground wires to some of them (like the DAB) one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, ok, I understand
I changed all amplifiers in my avant but I also have these failures:

Antenna for DAB = no connection
Antenna TV1 and TV3 = short to ground

Do you know how to solve these problems?

Thank you very much

·
Registered
260 Posts
And can you please tell me where I have to add ground wires to solve this?
Thanks
The connectors of the aerial amplifiers usually have 3 pins. For example, one for the DAB, one for the remote door lock/unlock, and the third one is the ground.

I had the "no connection" error for the 3G radio module when I plugged it into the original 2G amplifier, then I changed the aerial amplifier for the 4F9 035 225 AM and it works flawlessy. Do not remember the part number for the DAB one but I am sure Craig listed it on this same thread.

I then grounded the DAB to the closest ground point down the pillar with a 0.5 wire, and the "short to ground" DTC is long gone.

And always check the fakra are connected tightly, my nav did not work for 2 days after upgrade because I did not push the fakra connectors enough.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I hope you understand my question right.
I upgraded to MMI 3G with DAB, Radio and TV
I also upgraded all antenna amplifiers in the car but I also have these failures with the new antenna amplifiers:

DAB = No connection
TV1 and TV3 short to ground

So you mean I have to put one of the pins to ground and all works?

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
I have a picture of the new DAB window as I replaced mine with a 3G one just to make sure it was not a problem with the glass I was experiencing. I have the layout somewhere, but basically now on the glass the outer pins are joined together on the glass. Whereas before they were all seperate.

At the DAB antenna end two pins were connected togther as well, let me find the pics and post them.

41 - 60 of 80 Posts