Audi Forum banner

81 - 100 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi.
I`v just bougt new lamps for my 05 A6 3.0 TDIQ, with bi x and range control. New lamp from 09mod with Bi x, range conrtol, AFS and LED. Is this only a wire swap jobb or need to do more?

·
Registered
1 Posts
SO I have instaled the headlights on saturday. It's recomended to install the RS6 headlights as it's much more easiear to adapt the electrical wiring. If you have AFS or not you can just order RS6 headlights with or without AFS. You just only need to order the headlight housing. The old afs and bixenon module , D2s bulb can also be used. You also need another lights ecu onboard supply, do some unpining , make a VDCS coding and voila you have it. If there is interest I can provide you the PN numbers required for the modification.
Not last for this modification we've got to thank to our colegues from GERMANY, the motor-talk users. They have provided very important info's and instructions so I think that it's right to give them all the credit. I'm just a messenger, I folled the instalation instructions and make them just a litle bit better. Till then I'll give some pictures with the beast.

Yfrog - farrr008.jpg
Yfrog - farrr016.jpg
Yfrog - farrr019.jpg
Yfrog - farclub2.jpg
Yfrog - farclub3.jpg

Hi. I'm going to upgrade my A6C6 to headlights from S6. I've already bought thr lamps and I don't know what should I begin from. I have central electronic modyle with number: 4F0 910 297 L.Does this module operate the lamps from S6? Can I ask sombody for clear instruction how to change the headlights S6 for full working in my car? And one thing more, I live in Ireland, so my car is RHD, may question is: the module is under steering wheel only in LHD version or always there whatever the version is? I hope I'll get right advices, because I've read many furums alredy and there were too many differance between instruction. At this moment I have factory fitted halogen haedlights. Many thanks for help, friends.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi,

I am doing the swap from standard holgen to faceliftet Xenon. The reason why you and me as well, have a hard time finding detailed information is because it is nowhere near an easy project.

First of all you need to install the level contro, system which consists of two sensors, one on each achsel, a control unit and som wiring.

Thenavigation you need headlight washer system, consisting of new bumper, washerpump, som pipes and so eletronics.

Last and easiest is the mounting of the new headlights with control units, bulbs and so on. You ILM mopdule must be certain version and extra wiring for the cornering lights must be installed as well.

I have been collecting parts (used and new) for a couple of months and have until spend a full day on fitting the level measuring system, washer pump and pipe and wires up until the left front wheel. Next week I will replpace bumper and headlights.

Finally I hope you see this is not and easy project and this not easy to write a DIY

·
Registered
26 Posts
hello ,
i do have a question which is not exactly for this topic but better than opening a new one !

so i recently changed my headlights ( bi-x,range control ) the problem is that the left one lights to high ! they are fitted ok in the body of the car ..
do i have wehere to adjust them manualy somewhere ?! the initial "0" position was set with VAS ,but it seams that they need some manual adjust !

thanks

·
Registered
595 Posts
hello ,
i do have a question which is not exactly for this topic but better than opening a new one !

so i recently changed my headlights ( bi-x,range control ) the problem is that the left one lights to high ! they are fitted ok in the body of the car ..
do i have wehere to adjust them manualy somewhere ?! the initial "0" position was set with VAS ,but it seams that they need some manual adjust !

thanks
Here is the headlight adjustment procedure from Elsa. You will find the manual adjustment screws there.

2shared - download A6-Headlight.Adjustment.Procedure.pdf

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Cockney Boy - its been a while since i've posted on here, but do remember your unique MMi LED conversion.

I've been looking into trying to add LED DRL's to mine - it would appear to add the S6 led's is too complicated, the updated new 09 lights are again longwinded - BUT as you've proved ..... adding the new RS6 lights is easier.
Can you tell me what was involved - what costs are likely to be?
My car has xenons but with halogen DRL's - I have Auto lights , coming/leaving home function - but i didnt bother opting for adaptive xenons.

Help much appreciated
thanks
Martin

Hi Martin,

I have exactly the same headlights as you (xenon, halo drl and auto lights) and already bought the newer Xenon/Led Headlight units. Already seen that the connectorss are the same, it seems I just need to rewire the double Led wire (white and red) to another position. Is that what you also did? Can you post the mod's you made to the connectors?

Greatly appreciated,

Diderick

·
Registered
1 Posts
You should not need to code anything up, as you will not be using the Adaptive headlight function or the Xenon units. But it will be tragic if you didnt upgrade the whole system. RS6 headlights certainly look good with the LED's

hi mate! I read a few things about the new led headlamps but I'm still in the fog. So, if I have the halogen headlamps what shoul I look for? The new A6 or RS6 headlamp without adaptive option? Which one is the best to install/look? If you ask me I would say the RS6 because of the "eyebrows". Do I need to install a xenon kit? Original? Any other modifications? Thank you!

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
But it's you.... you are advertising your own products.....

Contact them: [email protected] They prepare a new model 2008-2010 headlights with LED for older model of Audi. Their sets are plug&play. Try to get information from them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Can someone please post the VAG codes for the lighting Module ?

Group,

I retro-fitted my 2006 A6 S-Line with 2009/2010 LED's.
It was not for the faint of heart, but it works.
I have an updated control module and was wondering if someone can post their codes for the lighting and electronics so I can have the LEDS and turn lamp work the way the 09/10 do.

Thanks,
Ray P.
'06 A6 S-Line
LED's, Rear and Front PDC

·
Registered
8 Posts
Currently I am doing retrofit from halogen to bi-xenon. If after coding the bordnetz there is a power from manual adjuster level you can put your old motors from halogen headlight to the new bi-xenon headlight. Connect the two pins from T10 plug to the T14 plug of the adapter sold by kufatec or car4style and you will continue to have manual leveling even with bi-xenon headlight, which is okay. The insteresting question is how the companies which are retrofiting halogen headlights to bi-xenon without changing the bordnetz (computer network).

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
Can't I advertise that product here?.
If you are a business and you want to advertise commercially here then you need to become a business partner, contact Admin for details.

·
Registered
2 Posts
how to rewire

Can some one help my with some info about wich wire i need to replace in order to make my new headlamp facelift Led Drl to work?

I have replace ILM Fahrer 4F0 910 279 AF in order to support Led Drl , i can turn it on just by VagCom one at the time ,i will post a video.

YouTube - LED Drl

·
Registered
868 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
My headlamps are not RS6 model, just facelift model 2009-2010, the wiring

diagram should be ok also for my headlamp. I asking [-o< again because i already had

that diagram but i was unsure if will apply to my headlamps, i'am afraid to dont make something stupid and burn some wires or even the headlamps :cry:

A friend of mine from www.clubaudi.ro told me to do like this:

Connector T10a (10-pin)
-replace pin 2 with pin 1
-replace pin 8 with pin 6

Connector T32c (32-pin)
-pin 4 take place to pin 6 from T10a
-pin 15 take place to pin 1 from T10a

The place on T32c from where i got out pin 4 and 15 i can understend will be vacant (free), but what will happend with pin 2 and 8 from T10a connector ?

Maybe is to hard for me this thing with wiring :(.

Thank you in advance for any answer and solution to fix ASAP my headlights

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
hello...i have 2005 a6 4.2 with xenon and afs. i have 09 headlamps with led drl. i purchased the necessary bulbs and modules. can anyone share info on which terminals would have to be changed/modified? thank you in advance.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Instead of asking the question, have a look through this thread and you will find your answers (here's a guess they are on this page)

hello...i have 2005 a6 4.2 with xenon and afs. i have 09 headlamps with led drl. i purchased the necessary bulbs and modules. can anyone share info on which terminals would have to be changed/modified? thank you in advance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Instead of asking the question, have a look through this thread and you will find your answers (here's a guess they are on this page)
thank you for pointing that out...i overlooked the given link. another question...when it states to combine the wires, they mean join the two wires together and make as one, correct?

thank you

81 - 100 of 127 Posts