Audi Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is a 2000 A6 2.7T, i live in canada and my car was imported fromt he states so the cluster is in standard, i.e MPH where here it is all KMH. I have managed to source a cluster from a 2002 A6 2.7T, it is in KPH and unlike mine the pixel display is in perfect working condition. So i was hoping to swap clusters, but i am not sure if it can be done. Both my cluster 2000 and the newer one 2002 have the 3 plugs, green,grey and blue. Mine is a 6 speed standard car where as the new one is a automatic. My car has no immobiliser while the new one has one. so i guess my questions are these, how do i reprogramme it if i can, can i change the display if its setup for an automatic car, will the radio display still work in the dash and will the immobiliser be an issue in the new cluster. the new cluster p/n is 4b0920933s but without removing mine i dont know the number but if needed i will pull it out. Any help would be great, thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello (my English is not really good),
you are sure that your car is now without an immobilizer? It could be, but in Europe all A6 C5 1998-> have an immobilizer. If your car has none there will be no problem otherwise you have to program it in an garage with your keys - in Germany also with an identifikation of your person! It will be done direct on line with Audi (may be the cluster is stolen). The functions of the cluster also must be programmed: Country, engine, radio ... each cluster works in any car if the model confirms - I have an 2000 cluster from England (km/h an mph) in a german 1998 a6. But without programming the cluster it doesn´t work correct - If your car has an immobilizer the car will not start after changing the cluster - in Germany you are going to an audi dealer and he will programm it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts