Audi Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in the UK and have an 2005 A6 Avant (Not the new shape), with DVD sat nav and 6 CD Changer in the boot. I am looking at installing a Phatbox and when I looked at my CD changer cable, I discovered that it is a rectangular connector, instead of the standard round type. Can I still use the phatbox or will I need to get additional cables, and if so what ones?
I am a complete novice on this sort of thing, so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
This rectangular connector is probably the 12 pin just like the glovebox CD changer connector. You'll probably need the VW phatbox cable to make this work.

·
Registered
996 Posts
NSX JR said:
This rectangular connector is probably the 12 pin just like the glovebox CD changer connector. You'll probably need the VW phatbox cable to make this work.
Yup, just order the VW phatbox interface cable (for a Jetta or Passat) from your VW dealer. You can also find them on ebay.com all the time. Just don't buy one with the round 13-pin connection. Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help.
I thought I would give you an update.
I purchased an Audi to VW Phatbox cable from Clairparts and used it to connect my Audi Phatbox to my CD changer loom and it worked perfectly. I have been using the Phatbox for a little while and love it. It is a fantastic piece of kit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts