Audi Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm coming from Europe, country Slovenia. The car is limousine A6 (4F) 3.0TDI Q, model year 10/2006 with MMI basic plus & bluetooth.

I have following issue: last couple of days the radio/CD cuts out playing every 40s, pauses for a second and then resumes. Also bluetooth connection doesn't work anymore (I've tried with 4 different phones and no one finds the Audi BT connection...). I've checked the forum a bit and I found out that most likely the problem is with bluetooth module. But before I go and change it (and spend money) I would like to try few options first.

Before I continue just to tell you that I didn't do any SW update, change any of the modules, etc...

So, after reading the forum I saw that some of the below mentioned things helped in some cases... Since I'm not an expert in car fixing I would like your advice on below points before I go and do something stupid :) Also I dont have any VAG-Com or similar stuff to play with. So here we go:

1. First I would like to try to see if any of the cables are loose. Where I can find the BT module? And can I unplug and re-attach the cables without damaging modul? Would there any re-code be needed after cable is unplugged and re-attached? Remember I don't have the VAG tool...

2. I would also like to remove the fuse of telephone (no.16 on drivers side) and then put it back in. Will this reset the module? And again is any re-coding needed after reset?

3. Cut the power - detach the battery of car? Is this the same as removing the fuse only? How is it done correctly - do you remove + or - cable? And again any re-code needed after re-connecting? Since here you are cutting the power to all things in car and I read in service manual that some re-coding is needed (for example for electrical windows)

4. Do a software update of MMI. Again after that do I need to re-code sth? Which SW update I need (see pictures below for current details)? And can I do the SW update since BT module is cutting the radio/CD every 40s?

I know I have a lot of questions and I appreciate all the help. Below I'm attaching also some screenshots from MMI for further help.

Best regards and thx for all the help

All modules in car and how BT goes missing every 40 seconds

SW versions of modules

Errors found in under Interfacebox

Errors found in under HMI Info

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey, I just had a similar situation with a 2005 A8 that I purchased. I've been dealing with the audio doing that cutting out every 40 seconds to a minute for the last few weeks. Its been highly annoying. Our situations could be slightly different, due to the fact that it seems your Bluetooth just went out, and mine was fried when I tried to upgrade my MMI version (totally a rookie mistake). Either way, I've tried pulling the fuse, it didn't help. I bought a brand new OEM battery (thinking that maybe the clicking on and off was the battery regulator) and that didn't do anything (although i do have a shiny new battery now!) I dont think the software upgrade will work for you, but it could. I just don't know enough about what happened to your BT module to begin with. At least its still showing up in your MOST menu. Mine was completely absent.

Either way, the simple fix for me was to simply pull the BT module from the car. Mine was located under the drivers side carpet in a small box. It just unplugs without any issue and there is a MOST connector there so you will need to have a MOST loop device (part 4E0 973 802) and I bet you that you will no longer have the issue. You don't realize how much you appreciate music until its interrupted every 40 seconds by the MMI restarting....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, thx for sharing the experience. I thought that at the end I will end up with two choices either to go with MOST loop (cheaper option ) or to go with replacement of BT. But since I'm using a lot the phone in the car changing the BT will most likely be the option for me... despite it will "hurt" my wallet more :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello there.Hope are you both still alive 😄...
I’ve got an used Audi A6 2007 with MMI 2G Plus(Black&Red only).The issue is on the cd that play any cds for few seconds only, it stop for the same time and resume again...Notice:The Navigator still working as well as the telephone’s bluetooth... I’,ve tried to put another cd players with same serial number: The issue still exactly the same. At the end I ask a friend who has VAG/VCDS to check the issue:The result seems to be on “component protection”.... We don’t sort out the problem at all. Any suggestions?Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts