Audi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 8E0 035 192 K recently fitted in my A4 B6, I have been reading all over this forum about the Version "C" & "D", but not much can be found on the Version "K".

Is there anything different on this unit compaired to the other version?

SW Version is 0500.

Sorry, I'm just a newbie learnt everything so far from this forum.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,767 Posts
The "K" unit is just the latest and greatest Euro unit at this time, and hte only way to get sw 0500 because it's not available on DVD yet.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,350 Posts
Haaggie said:
and the only way to get sw 0500 because it's not available on DVD yet.
inserting the South Africa DVD in your Euro unit will let your Euro unit update to SW 0500. I'm running my Euro D-unit with SW 0500 for 3 months now.
What are the differences between EU 0460 and 0500 SW versions?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,134 Posts
I really don't know...: I did not recognize any differences yet, and that said after 3 months daily use means that there are at least no major differences... :? ...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was reading on the forum that the RNS-E's do not have a 3d map?? On mine I get an option in "Map Position" for "3D Map". Don't know if this is only in the 0500 or me not knowing the differenct between the 3D Maps??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,767 Posts
Haaggie said:
I really don't know...: I did not recognize any differences yet, and that said after 3 months daily use means that there are at least no major differences... :? ...
Haggie, can you try to code a 7, 8 or 9 as second digit (0?xxxxx), maybe even a 10xxxxx? There is at least one new RNS-E startup screen for the S3 and maybe another one for the R8. Maybe sw 0500 already includes those startup screens and they can get enabled like the Lamboghini startup screen does.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,350 Posts
AudiA4B6US said:
can you try to code a 7, 8 or 9 as second digit (0?xxxxx), maybe even a 10xxxxx? There is at least one new RNS-E startup screen for the S3 and maybe another one for the R8. Maybe sw 0500 already includes those startup screens and they can get enabled like the Lamboghini startup screen does.
Thanks to Haaggie I've been able to try changing the second digit to 7, 8, 9 with SW 0500 in my HW 070 H unit.

And, ... it won't accept those digits. The valid range is still 1 to 6. The new startup screens still are not there.

It looks like the S3 and R8 will come with SW later than 0500.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top