Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new here. I just bought a 2002 A4. It has a nav unit in the trunk but no CDs. I would like to know what nav CD's to buy. I see "C nav" and
"D nav" on ebay. The dealer hooked up an OBD and printed out the following string for my navigation: 4B0919887E and then told me I need
"E nav" CD's? I can't find any E nav CD's. Also, is this nav player an audio cd player as well? And, if it is does that mean that I can use the cable to create an interface for an ipod? If I am supposed to post this somewhere else please accept my apologies. Thanks BTW: I love my audi

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
If you only have the unit in the trunk then it's a BNS navigation unit, not an RNS-D. And since you are in the US I suppose there is only one set of CDs for that BNS navi. It doesn't play CDs but you should have a CD changer port on your head unit. That port can be used to connect an IceLink or DICE ipod adapter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nav cd's

Thanks for the quick reply. I am still unsure about the cd's though. BNS is a new term that I haven't encountered. Is that what I look for: BNS cd's? What are the C nav and D nav cd's that are frequently advertised for sale? And if I need BNS cd's where do I look for those? Thanks for your help, I must sound like an imbecile.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
BNS is Basic Navigation System while RNS is Radio Navigation System. No, I have no idea what kind of CDs you may need.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts