Audi Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i have a friend that has bought an A4 B6 (12/2003), the car has the Rns-D from factory and now he has the Rnd-E to install it.

the problem is that the CAN language is not correctly configured...

The cluster has onle the green and the blue connectors, where and how can he get the correct CAN-H and CAN-H signals so that the rns-e can work correctly (lighs and ignition ON/OFF)?

The tmc unit from the RNS-D is not needed anymore right? :roll:

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
You have to remove the TMC box and bridge the CAN wires together in the 12-pin TMC connector. This allows the CAN messages to be relayed between the cluster and the RNS-E. Bridge together pins 2 and 8, then pins 3 and 9.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, thanks a lot!

one more question... :oops: why his car doesn't have the grey connector on the cluster?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so, if in B5/C5, even 8L the can signals were at the grey connector, where are the CAN L and CAN H signals at the cluster on the B6?

by the way :oops: where is the TMC unit at the B6?

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
mobys said:
by the way :oops: where is the TMC unit at the B6?
If the B6 (or any other Audi) is fitted with an RNS-E - there isn't a TMC unit (it's built-in to the RNS-E).

If the B6 is fitted with an RNS-D, the TMC is mounted on the centre console hidden behind the trim beneath the steering wheel.

·
Registered
86 Posts
If the B6 (or any other Audi) is fitted with an RNS-E - there isn't a TMC unit (it's built-in to the RNS-E)
so this means that you don´t need to find the TMC box at all, and dont need to connect it to the RNS-E?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mobys said:
so, if in B5/C5, even 8L the can signals were at the grey connector, where are the CAN L and CAN H signals at the cluster on the B6?
Nsx JR please! :idea:

I will look for the tmc unit... any photo to see how it looks?

·
Registered
7 Posts
TMC Unit

Does anyone know where the TMC unit will be in my RS6 Avant, I have a feeling it is in the back with the CD Changer?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts