Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all!

I need urgent help...

Becouse of an accident my ABS/ESP unit was damaged! I bought one used, but won't work becouse VIN not matched with my car.
VAG-COM gives me incorrect VIN error.

How can I recode or adapt this unit to my car?

I think I need the SECURITY ACCESS code... or not?

Please help me!

Thanks.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hi to all!

I need urgent help...

Becouse of an accident my ABS/ESP unit was damaged! I bought one used, but won't work becouse VIN not matched with my car.
VAG-COM gives me incorrect VIN error.

How can I recode or adapt this unit to my car?

I think I need the SECURITY ACCESS code... or not?

Please help me!

Thanks.
The [16 - Security Access] code should be shown in VCDS when you try to login.

My code is 61378 - maybe it is the same on your A4

I'm not sure - but maybe you need to have your Audi workshop removing the component protection??

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The [16 - Security Access] code should be shown in VCDS when you try to login.

My code is 61378 - maybe it is the same on your A4

I'm not sure - but maybe you need to have your Audi workshop removing the component protection??
Hi!

Thanks for the code is the right one. Now I updated my VCDS and shows me the same code in pop up.

The problem still remains for me, when I enter the code in SECURITY ACCESS it promt me code accepted, but when I go to ADAPTATION won't let me change anything! In fields shows me on channels " NEED SECURITY ACCESS" or something like that.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
What version of VAG-COM and cable are you using?

P.S. Asking this question in the B8 Forum might have been a better idea?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hi!

Thanks for the code is the right one. Now I updated my VCDS and shows me the same code in pop up.

The problem still remains for me, when I enter the code in SECURITY ACCESS it promt me code accepted, but when I go to ADAPTATION won't let me change anything! In fields shows me on channels " NEED SECURITY ACCESS" or something like that.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
My personal experience with the security access login, is that you need to enter the access code, and then do the changes on the channel in question - then do another security access login and another change can be done.

If you just 'play around' and then decide to do a change, then the login has expired - and need to be done again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My personal experience with the security access login, is that you need to enter the access code, and then do the changes on the channel in question - then do another security access login and another change can be done.

If you just 'play around' and then decide to do a change, then the login has expired - and need to be done again.
Hi!

I went directly to ADAPTATION after SECURITY ACCESS, but nothing.

Where is the VIN learn option exactly?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Guys - please continue this discussion in the thread in the B8 Forum (link above). It may be of interest to other B8 owners and they're unlikely to find it here!

Thread closed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.