Audi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've just retrofitted an RSN-E (8P0 035 192 A) in my 2k7 A3. Without any reprogramming through VAG-COM, the DIS works perfectly and gives the navigation info.

Everything else is fine except the BT telephone module which was factory installed. I can access, as like before with my Symphony II, the address book on the DIS through the MFSW and make phone calls. The RNS-E even mutes when I make or receive a phone call. Unfortunately, the RNS-E tells me that there's no telephone module installed and therefore doesn't give me access to my phonebook.

Is it something that needs to be corrected through VAG-COM or is it my harness that's faulty?

Thanks.
------
Seb
2007 A3, MT, Lava Grey, Premium, Open Sky, Technology, Cold, Bose

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
You need to recode your RNS-E for telephone. (0xxx6xx for USA/Canada).

As Dirk notes below, recode the BT module 00xx4xx (A3 with MFSW) to enable Headunit functions. (Vehicles with K-line use 7 or 8 instead of 4 in the coding string).

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The recode the phone interface to "high" to know that there is now an RNS-E that can control it.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
AudiA4B6US said:
The recode the phone interface to "high" to know that there is now an RNS-E that can control it.
Changing the phone interface coding (address 77) from 00xxx to 10xxx enables the "high" features (i.e. interface to RNS-E).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PetrolDave said:
Changing the phone interface coding (address 77) from 00xxx to 10xxx enables the "high" features (i.e. interface to RNS-E).
Great guys for the answer. I don't have yet access to the VAG-COM, but I've been looking everywhere for a walkthrough and I don't seem to find it. Will it be straighforward once I start using the software or should I ask for some detailed instructions?
From what I can figure out, I need to read at address 77 the current code that's there and then replace the leading zero by a one.

Thanks again.

A3fuss

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dreyfuss said:
Great guys for the answer. I don't have yet access to the VAG-COM, but I've been looking everywhere for a walkthrough and I don't seem to find it. Will it be straighforward once I start using the software or should I ask for some detailed instructions?
From what I can figure out, I need to read at address 77 the current code that's there and then replace the leading zero by a one.
So I finally went to a friend that has a VAG-COM interface, and for some strange reason, it didn't work with my 2k7 A3. The software wouldn't recognise my car, saying that it's OBDII compliant. Go figure.
We will update the software on the computer and try it again. :(

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
You know that the A3 8P needs a CAN cable, do you?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.