Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I try to connect can-bus from instrument cluster to RNS-e I have:

1. The known clock problem.
2. Also when I switch on, the RNS-e needs :"enter code" again...
3. The radio info dont appear.
4. And to all these my new BT phone module doesn't start without the canbus from instrument cluster.
Does anyone knows a solution to this incompatibility??
Can I program the instruments(77) through Adaptation(10)(Vag-com) "NOT send" clock info and reset to my RNS-e???
I have a S3/2001

Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
papaspeter said:
When I try to connect can-bus from instrument cluster to RNS-e I have:

1. The known clock problem.
2. Also when I switch on, the RNS-e needs :"enter code" again...
3. The radio info dont appear.
4. And to all these my new BT phone module doesn't start without the canbus from instrument cluster.
Does anyone knows a solution to this incompatibility??
Can I program the instruments(77) through Adaptation(10)(Vag-com) "NOT send" clock info and reset to my RNS-e???
I have a S3/2001

Thanks
I presume you have an 8L A3/S3, not the latest 8P model?

The "known clock problem" I thought was only on the B5 A4?

The instruments are not address 77 (that's the phone module), they are address 17.

Edited to correct mistake

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Actually the insturments are on #17 and the clock issue exists in pre-2002 A6 C5 as well. To enable the infotainment CAN you will need to change #17 channel 62 to 5 or so.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
AudiA4B6US said:
Actually the insturments are on #17 and the clock issue exists in pre-2002 A6 C5 as well. To enable the infotainment CAN you will need to change #17 channel 62 to 5 or so.
I'll edit my post, and type slower next time!!!

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
richardi734 said:
Add 5 to get the DIS to work.
Add 4 to get the DIS to work.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The value in #17 channel 62 should be 5 = 1 (radio) + 4 (navigation). A value of 4 would only turn on the center section in the DIS but it would not display the radio information in the top section.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok
I type it wrong before. It is 17 (instrument)
I tried to put on address 62 value 5 and 7 also for my BT.
I read navi info at the center and BT infos at the top(this is the right way).
But no radio inf or mp3's.
And the clock keep destroing my Navi time and date.
Do i have to reset all these by pulling out the fuse?
What about Navi asking the code number every time I start the car?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Clock never works.

Try entering code and then reboot unit...it worked for me. I have also heard of leaving unit for a while and magic happens.

·
Registered
45 Posts
AudiA4B6US said:
The value in #17 channel 62 should be 5 = 1 (radio) + 4 (navigation). A value of 4 would only turn on the center section in the DIS but it would not display the radio information in the top section.
Would this be the same for my 2006 A4 B7 ?

I have BT phone/radio on the top currently, with no nav output in the middle.

+01 - Radio
+02 - Telefon
+04 - Navigation
+08 - Telematics
+16 - Instrument Cluster
To add navigation, add +4 to the current value.

If you wanted the telephone wouldnt that be a +02?

·
Registered
59 Posts
beerglass007 said:
AudiA4B6US said:
Would this be the same for my 2006 A4 B7 ?

I have BT phone/radio on the top currently, with no nav output in the middle.

+01 - Radio
+02 - Telefon
+04 - Navigation
+08 - Telematics
+16 - Instrument Cluster
To add navigation, add +4 to the current value.

If you wanted the telephone wouldnt that be a +02?
What value do you have in 62?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
For Navi to have it in DIS you have to check Compass option in setup menu of NAV setup.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
papaspeter said:
For Navi to have it in DIS you have to check Compass option in setup menu of NAV setup.
NOT TRUE.

To have the navi info shown in the DIS you have to change the value in adaptation channel 62 of address 17 (the instruments) as per the table shown above. Add together the values of all the things you want to shown in the DIS and save that value. So:

Radio only would be 1 or 17.
Radio + Navi would be 5 or 21.
Radio + Phone would be 3 or 19.
Radio + Phone + Navi would be 5 or 23.
Newer DIS's need the additional 16, that's why we always say "the value that was there PLUS 4".

When you have done that, you can have the compass showing in the DIS whenever you do not have an active route by turning on the compass option in the NAV SETUP page - but most people do not like having the compass, they prefer to have the normal DIS info when not navigating.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok That's the whole story.
What about the "need code" of Navi?
Is there a solution to avoid it?
I use canbus emulator to get Navi switch on when I turn my key on.
This looks not working when I connect the instrument canbus to Navi. There is conflict. Can you sugest something to do?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
What value have you coded the RNS-E? It's a six digit number something like 509713.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Thinking out loud here ....
I know the A3 is listed as a 2 for the first digit, but that's an 8P A3/S3 not the 8L A3/S3 were talking about here. I wonder if a different vehicle type might be better, and might allow you to use the CAN bus in your car instead of a simulator?

I'm pretty sure someone has already posted on here about fitting an RNS-E to an 8L A3 - worth a search?

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I tried sometime earlier to recode for other type a4 a6 but I haven't driven to a solution.
Anyway just 3 days ago I found out that illumination cames from my instrument can bus more right than simulator,meaning that I have the intensity of light working rather than not to from simulator.
Anyway I wil try to search for that a3/8l post
Thanks

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.