Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the problem. We've got a new A3 with factory RNS-E that is retrofitted with a Bluetooth module.

-The bluetooth module has been proven to work in my A6 so the module and antenna are good. The coding is 0011877 with MFSW. (Have tried 0001877, 0010777, etc).

-The RNS-E is coded for telephone and displays the proper "your phone might not be connected properly" screen.

-The cluster has been coded for telephone by activating Byte 03, bit 07.

-The BT module can be coded with VAG-COM while installed in the A3, so this means it must be recognizing the cluster in the car. This also means that the power and CAN are supplied properly.

The Problem:

The module will not pair with either of two bluetooth phones when installed in the A3. The phones will not discover the module with the car powered on and with VAG-COM disconnected.

What are we missing here? Any and all ideas are welcome!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Have you checked adaptation channel 133 on the BT module? It's supposed to be BT on/off...(0=off, 1=on)
I doubt that this will solve the problem since you mentioned the module working in an A6 but it's worth a try...

GrSpider

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
grspider said:
Have you checked adaptation channel 133 on the BT module? It's supposed to be BT on/off...(0=off, 1=on)
I doubt that this will solve the problem since you mentioned the module working in an A6 but it's worth a try...

GrSpider
Yes, thank you. This setting is correct.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Ok, your A3 is Canbus and what I found with A3's was the coding had to be as follows....

Your coding....

The coding is 0011877 with MFSW

A3 Coding with canbus & MFSW

I based this on...

00xx?xx: Verbauliste

1 - kein MFL/HU/K-Leitung
2 - MFL
3 - HU
4 - MFL und HU
5 - K-Leitung (Diagnose)
6 - MFK und K-Leitung
7 - HU und K-Leitung
8 - MFL, HU und K-Leitung

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.